FlexiMasters in HR Thought Leadership (for HR Practitioners) is offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, as part of the FlexiMasters series launched by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore).
The FlexiMasters in HR Thought Leadership (for HR Practitioners) is suitable for current HR practitioners keen to strengthen their business, digital, and financial acumen to better contribute to their organizational effectiveness at the leadership level. A sequence of five graduate courses will give participants a broad exposure to strategic management, finance fundamentals, Business ethics, and newer topics such as Analytics Technology in Business and Digital marketing.
Learning new skills to boost her HR journey
The module on Analytics Technology in Business made the most impact on Jacqueline's career. “Being data savvy is critical in HR, as we are required to analyse the data by looking at the manpower cost, student-staff ratio,
operating budget, and make sound recommendations and proposals to the management.”
— Assistant Human Resources Director, Jacqueline NgMore About Her Journey Here
Learning with industry relevance
“They (the faculty) were able to share lots of their experiences, perspectives, their considerations and thoughts behind the case studies. They have also tapped on their personal contacts—very senior HR practitioners—to give us two-hour talks about the challenges they face in HR.”
— Senior Assistant Director (HR Business Partner), Vincent ChuaMore About His Journey Here
- Provide you with better access to postgraduate-level training so you can personalise your learning pathway and upskill/reskill in a timely fashion.
- Enable you to build on your experience, transit and prepare for a career shift, and become future-ready in an ever-changing employment market.
- Earn CPD hours for IHRP Certifications by completing this FlexiMasters programme.
- Earn credits that you can stack towards a postgraduate degree at Nanyang Business School, Singapore.
1. Our programme consists of five advanced business courses, worth a total of 15 academic units (AUs):
- Five courses, each worth three AUs
2. Each course comprises:
- An online 9-hour self-paced component
- A 30-hour in-class component, over four weekends
- You are required to attain a minimum of GP 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, to be awarded the AU for each course
3. Mode of class delivery:
- The default mode of delivery are in-person classes, with considerations for online classes when necessary
4. Upon graduating, the following qualifications will be awarded:
- FlexiMasters will be awarded to students attaining 15 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Graduate Certificate will be awarded to students attaining 9 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Participants are required to have minimum of five years of working experience in human resources. Participants with background and/or experience in one or more of the listed programme courses will better appreciate the course contents.
- Priority will be given to candidates who choose to complete five courses within this specific FlexiMasters programme.
The next intake for this programme will be in April 2024.
If an intake is fully enrolled, your application will be considered for the next available intake.
Updates to your application status will be sent to you at least 6 weeks before commencement of the programme.
As seats are limited, please send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
|Strategic Management||6 Apr, 13 Apr, 20 Apr, 27 Apr 2024|
|Digital Marketing||11 May, 18 May, 25 May, 1 Jun 2024|
|Business Ethics & Corporate Governance||6 Jul, 13 Jul, 20 Jul, 27 Jul 2024|
|Analytics Technology in Business||17 Aug, 24 Aug, 31 Aug, 7 Sep 2024|
|Financial Management||21 Sep, 28 Sep, 5 Oct, 12 Oct 2024|
- The course duration is 30 weeks, with four Saturday classes per module.
- In-person classes will be held at Lifelong Learning Institute (near Paya Lebar MRT) from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Mandatory attendance is required for programme info session and details will be provided upon successful admittance into the programme.
- We reserve the right to change the date, venue, and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
Gain insights into the practice of strategy formulation in their relevant contexts by studying cases of how organizations have deployed their capabilities to achieve strategic outcomes in their lines of business.
Participants will understand and apply the concepts, principles and frameworks for formulating strategy. Participants will also learn how strategic capabilities may be developed and deepened in their organization so that they may more effectively achieve strategic outcomes for their organization.
The objective of this course is to provide a broad understanding of key financial principles, concepts and analytical tools. The topics to be covered include the time value of money, bond and stock valuation, capital budgeting, risk and return, cost of capital, corporate financial decisions (capital structure, distribution policy and capital raising), and an introduction to options. It is a necessary first foundation course in finance.
Analytics Technology in Business
Analytics, machine learning and AI are critical building blocks in value creation for any organization or industry yet managing them is a complex endeavour. This presents huge opportunities to harness the power of analytics and machine learning, to explore and exploit business problem and turn it into solutions.
Digital marketing is transforming the way companies communicate with and sell to consumers. Unlike the traditional campaign model, digital marketing facilitates omnichannel approaches which look at how to effectively interact with consumers through both online and offline channels. Digital marketing also emphasizes drawing consumer insights based on data.
This course aims to:
Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
Business ethics and Corporate governance (BE&CG) will stimulate the mindset of managers and leaders to balance the key, often conflicting priorities faced in leadership, business, government, family-owned businesses, and in the not-for-profit work environment. The aim is to develop strategies to make difficult, but crucial organisational decisions considering the dynamic external environment.
We will cover ethical leadership, corporate social responsibility (human rights, labour, and the environment); anti-bribery and corruption, and corporate governance.
FlexiMasters in HR Thought Leadership (for HR Practitioners) can be stacked into Nanyang MBA or PMBA or MSc (Business Analytics) and similarly accredited under the following conditions:
- Up to 12 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters may be transferred into Nanyang MBA or PMBA (4 courses equivalent). The 4 courses are as follows: Strategic Management, Business Ethics & Corporate Governance, Financial Management, Digital Marketing.
- Up to 3 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters maybe transferred into MSc (Business Analytics). The course is as follows: Analytics Technology in Business.
- The academic units earned from FlexiMasters are valid for five (5) years for transfer of credits to a relevant/adjoining Master’s by Coursework programme.
- Transfer of credits is by application and the application will be assessed and approved by the Programme Owners.
- The minimum Grade Point eligible for transfer of credits is 2.5. The Programme Owners may recommend a higher Grade Point for transfer of credits.
- Academic units from Graduate Certificate or FlexiMasters programme that are approved for transfer of credits will however not be included in the computation of CGPA for the Master’s by Coursework programme.
- The course must not have been used for exemption/transfer of credits into another programme.
Admission to Full Nanyang Business School Master’s programme
Participants have to meet all required admission standards of the selected Master’s programme.
|Course Fees in SGD|
|Fees BEFORE |
funding & GST
funding & 9% GST
|Singapore Citizens (aged 21-39) / PR (aged ≥21)|
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)|
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR|
ETSS2 - up to 90%
Fee payable after 70% SSG Funding and use of $1,600 **NTU Alumni Course Credits
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit and SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up to defray part of the net course fee. You can submit your SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging into MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each module.
- You must complete and pass all assessment components.
You do not need to contact SkillsFuture for funding before course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored applicants. You will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.
**NTU Alumni Course Credits
All self-sponsored NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their alumni credits of $1,600 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses offered by NTU-Continuing Education Training (CET) Units. It is your responsibility to inform us if you wish to utilize alumni credits before the start of the programme. For more info, please click here.
1. What is the course schedule and duration of the FlexiMasters programme?
Please look under ‘Course Schedule & Venue’ for the schedule and duration of the classes.
2. Will I be able to pursue more than 1 FlexiMasters programme?
There are no restrictions but it’s advisable to take up 1 FlexiMasters at a time as the schedule might overlap. Eventually, all of the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. I’m only interested in one of the modules in one of the FlexiMasters Programme. Will I be able to pursue that module?
FlexiMasters is a bundled programme. When you apply for a FlexiMasters programme, it will be considered that you’re applying for all the modules.
4. How will the credits earned from the FlexiMasters contribute to a NBS Master’s programme?
FlexiMasters is a stackable programme where credits earned are eligible for credit transfer to a NBS Master’s programme. However, participants are required to meet the admission standards of their selected NBS Master’s programme. For more information about the NBS Master’s Programme, you may visit this link: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies
5. What is the course assessment like?
Course assessment will differ from module to module. This will be determined by the respective teaching faculty. Assessment components will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme. Some of the assessment components may consist of Individual coursework, Group coursework, Quizzes and Class Participation.
6. When will the course outlines be made available?
Course outlines will be shared upon successful admittance to the FlexiMasters programme.
7. Can I still use my Alumni Credit? When does my Alumni Credit Expire? Can I check the balance of my Alumni Credit?
Kindly email to PACE regarding queries of your Alumni Credit: [email protected]
8. Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty level?
These are advanced graduate Business courses embedded with academic rigour necessary for the academic units in the programme. Due diligence is required to pass the modules in the programme.
9. If I do not pass the course or any of its components, would the funding still hold? Or would it be revoked?
In the event you do not pass a course, you will not be eligible for funding. Hence, you will have to pay for any outstanding fees thereafter.
10. Will there be more details available on the course curriculum, such as the types of software being used and the specific topics covered in each module?
Once you have successfully enrolled into the programme, more information will be given to you regarding the modules.
Find out about the FlexiMasters route, the various subsidies and more here.
- An administrative fee may be imposed and there will be no refund of course fee for participants who withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to change the date, venue, and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
- All FlexiMasters programme registrations will be submitted to the NTU Academic Programme Admissions Committee. Registrants will be notified of their admission status prior to the start of the programme, and NTU will have the final decision on FlexiMasters programme admissions.
- Nanyang Technological University will have the final decision on the mode of delivery for the class (either in-person or online) and participants will be notified accordingly.
- There will be no make-up classes for absentees.
- Participants who wish to progress to a Master’s Programme upon attaining a Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters must submit a separate application for admission and the criteria for admission to the Master’s Programme would apply.
You may also be interested in:
Public Programmes for Professionals
Upskill and keep up with the latest in business, innovation management, strategic thinking and agile leadership so they can develop a competitive edge.
Programme and Events Calendar
Find out about our latest events and upcoming courses of our Nanyang Executive Education programme, offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, part of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Learn more.