FlexiMasters in Business Finance is offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, as part of the FlexiMasters series launched by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore).
Our programme is suitable for anyone interested in finance but who had minimal exposure to this field at a tertiary academic level. Over five graduate courses, you will gain broad exposure to financial topics, including corporate finance and investments, plus newer fields such as fintech and sustainable finance.
- Provide you with better access to postgraduate-level training so you can personalise your learning pathway and upskill/reskill in a timely fashion.
- Enable you to build on your experience, transit and prepare for a career shift, and become future-ready in an ever-changing employment market
- Earn credits that you can stack towards a postgraduate degree at Nanyang Business School, Singapore
1. Our programme consists of five advanced business courses, worth a total of 15 academic units (AUs):
- Five courses, each worth three AUs
2. Each course comprises:
- An online 9-hour self-paced component
- A 30-hour in-class component, over four weekends
- You are required to attain a minimum of GP 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, to be awarded the AU for each course
3. Mode of class delivery:
- The default mode of delivery are in-person classes, with considerations for online classes when necessary
4. Upon graduating, the following qualifications will be awarded:
- FlexiMasters will be awarded to students attaining 15 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Graduate Certificate will be awarded to students attaining 9 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- While no pre-requisites are needed to enrol in the course/s, participants with relevant background and/or experience may have a better understanding of their course content.
- Priority will be given to candidates who choose to complete five courses within this specific FlexiMasters programme.
The next intake for this programme will be in July 2023.
If an intake is fully enrolled, your application will be considered for the next available intake.
Updates to your application status will be sent to you at least 6 weeks before commencement of the programme.
As seats are limited, please send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
|Financial Management||1 Jul, 8 Jul, 15 Jul, 22 Jul 2023|
|Financial Statement Analysis||5 Aug, 12 Aug, 19 Aug, 26 Aug 2023|
|Contemporary Finance: Fintech and Sustainable Finance||9 Sep, 16 Sep, 23 Sep, 30 Sep 2023|
|Investments||14 Oct, 21 Oct, 28 Oct, 4 Nov 2023|
|International Economics and Finance||6 Jan, 13 Jan, 20 Jan, 27 Jan 2024|
- The course duration is 30 weeks, with four Saturday classes per module.
- The programme has been designed for a blend of in-person and online classes.
- In-person classes will be held at Suntec City from 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Mandatory attendance is required for programme info session and details will be provided upon successful admittance into the programme.
- We reserve the right to change the date, venue, and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
The objective of this first course is to provide you with a broad understanding of key financial principles, concepts, and analytical tools.
The topics to be covered include:
Financial Statement Analysis
The course aims to equip you with the accounting skills and knowledge essential for understanding and analysing financial statements for business decisions.
You will learn:
This course provides you with a rigorous introduction to the fundamentals of modern finance and its applications to business challenges in investment. All of which is at the heart of every investment decision, whether that decision is to buy, sell, or hold. Due to globalization and the ever-changing dynamics of the modern financial markets, the pricing of any financial asset has become an ever more complex task.
This course will:
The main topics are:
International Economics and Finance
This course is an introduction to international economics and finance. It serves to highlight modern economic and financial theories and models, showing how they can impinge on the performance of business and industrial enterprises that operate in a competitive international setting.
Many companies engage in cross-border business and face important financial questions beyond those found in a purely domestic setting. This course endeavours to provide the basic understanding and tools to analyse, evaluate, finance, and manage international business. This is particularly relevant to highly open economies, such as Singapore, where companies engage internationally.
In this course, we will:
By attending this course, you will be prepared for a rewarding career in providing advice, analysis, creative insights, and solutions in economics, finance, and business.
Your career options include an economist, business analyst/consultant, financial/risk analyst, or policy development officer; or you may choose to pursue graduate studies in economics, business, or professional designation in finance (e.g. CFA) or accounting (e.g. CPA).
Contemporary Finance: Fintech and Sustainable Finance
In recent years, the development of fintech, especially the application of blockchain and AI in finance, has attracted tremendous attention from both industry and academia. Fintech is considered as the core competitiveness of financial institutions.
This foundation course lays the foundation for more advanced courses and helps you prepare for a career in the fintech industry.
Through it, you will:
Sustainable finance integrates environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria into business and investment decisions for sustainable outcomes. This includes reducing inequality, improving inclusiveness, reducing pollution, and mitigating and adapting to the adverse effects of climate change.
Our course is therefore the study of finance and sustainability as an integrated subject beginning with an introduction of financial and investment principles and moving towards financial analysis, financing, valuation, responsible investment and impact investing.
The course also covers diverse aspects of sustainable investments and offers tools for effective financial valuation and effective risk assessment. The perspective proposed by this course is motivated by the desire of corporations for continued prosperity, expansion, and, in some cases, even to promote their own survival.
FlexiMasters in Business Finance can be stacked into MBA (Banking and Finance) at Nanyang Business School, Singapore, and similarly accredited under the following conditions:
- Up to 9 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters may be transferred to an MBA (Banking and Finance) for the following FlexiMasters courses (or equivalents):
- Financial Management,
- International Economics and Finance.
- The AUs earned from a FlexiMasters course are valid for up to five years for transfer to a relevant/adjoining programme.
- Credit transfers are by application only and will be assessed and approved by the relevant programme’s owners.
- The minimum Grade Point eligible for transfer of credits is 2.5. However, some programme owners may recommend a higher Grade Point.
- Academic units from a Graduate Certificate or FlexiMasters programme, approved for transfer of credits, will not be included in the Cumulative Grade Point Average for our Masters by Coursework programmes.
- The course must not have been used for exemption/transfer of credits into another programme
Participants have to meet all required admission standards of the selected Master’s programme.
|Course Fees in SGD|
|Fees BEFORE |
funding & GST
|Fees AFTER |
funding & 7% GST
|Fees AFTER |
funding & 8% GST
(wef 1 Jan 2023)
|Singapore Citizens (aged 21-39) / PR (aged ≥21)|
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)|
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR|
ETSS2 - up to 90%
|NTU Class of 2021+|
Fee payable to NBS after 70% SSG Funding and use of $3,200 Alumni Credits** and NTU Class of 2021 COVID-19 support package
|NTU Class of 2022++|
Fee payable to NBS after 70% SSG Funding and use of $1,600 Alumni Credits**
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit and SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up to defray part of the net course fee. You can submit your SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging into MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each module.
- You must complete and pass all assessment components.
You do not need to contact SkillsFuture for funding before course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored applicants. You will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.
**NTU Alumni Course Credits
All self-sponsored NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their alumni credits of $1,600 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses offered by NTU-Continuing Education Training (CET) Units. It is your responsibility to inform us if you wish to utilize alumni credits before the start of the programme. For more info, please click here.
+NTU Class of 2021
- Full fee waiver is only applicable for Singaporeans and PR (full-time undergraduate students).
- Cash payment may be due if you have used up any free CET course or Alumni course credits prior to enrolling in FlexiMasters.
- There will be no refund of the $3,200 Alumni course credits if you withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
++NTU Class of 2022
- There will be no refund of the $1,600 Alumni course credits if you withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
1. What is the course schedule and duration of the FlexiMasters programme?
Please look under ‘Course Schedule & Venue’ for the schedule and duration of the classes.
2. Will I be able to pursue more than 1 FlexiMasters programme?
There are no restrictions but it’s advisable to take up 1 FlexiMasters at a time as the schedule might overlap. Eventually, all of the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. I’m only interested in one of the modules in one of the FlexiMasters Programme. Will I be able to pursue that module?
FlexiMasters is a bundled programme. When you apply for a FlexiMasters programme, it will be considered that you’re applying for all the modules.
4. How will the credits earned from the FlexiMasters contribute to a NBS Master’s programme?
FlexiMasters is a stackable programme where credits earned are eligible for credit transfer to a NBS Master’s programme. However, participants are required to meet the admission standards of their selected NBS Master’s programme. For more information about the NBS Master’s Programme, you may visit this link: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies
5. What is the course assessment like?
Course assessment will differ from module to module. This will be determined by the respective teaching faculty. Assessment components will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme. Some of the assessment components may consist of Individual coursework, Group coursework, Quizzes and Class Participation.
6. When will the course outlines be made available?
Course outlines will be shared upon successful admittance to the FlexiMasters programme.
7. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2021?
Course fees are fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2021 (subject to participants meeting SSG's funding criteria and $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits). For NTU Class 2021, they will be eligible for FlexiMasters full funding till June 2023. Terms and conditions will apply for full funding.
8. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for International students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2021?
As SSG Funding is only applicable to Singaporeans & PR, International students will need to bear 70% of the cost fees. However, they will still be eligible for the $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits & Covid 19 Support Package.
9. Can I still use my Alumni Credit? When does my Alumni Credit Expire? Can I check the balance of my Alumni Credit?
Kindly email to PACE regarding queries of your Alumni Credit: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty level?
These are advanced graduate Business courses embedded with academic rigour necessary for the academic units in the programme. Due diligence is required to pass the modules in the programme.
11. If I do not pass the course or any of its components, would the funding still hold? Or would it be revoked?
In the event you do not pass a course, you will not be eligible for funding. Hence, you will have to pay for any outstanding fees thereafter.
12. Will there be more details available on the course curriculum, such as the types of software being used and the specific topics covered in each module?
Once you have successfully enrolled into the programme, more information will be given to you regarding the modules.
Find out about the FlexiMasters route, the various subsidies and more here.
- An administrative fee may be imposed and there will be no refund of course fee for participants who withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to change the date, venue, and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
- Nanyang Technological University will have the final decision on the mode of delivery for the class (either in-person or online) and participants will be notified accordingly.
- There will be no make-up classes for absentees.
- Participants who wish to progress to a Master’s Programme upon attaining a Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters must submit a separate application for admission and the criteria for admission to the Master’s Programme would apply.
You may also be interested in:
Public Programmes for Professionals
Upskill and keep up with the latest in business, innovation management, strategic thinking and agile leadership so they can develop a competitive edge.
Programme and Events Calendar
Find out about our latest events and upcoming courses of our Nanyang Executive Education programme, offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, part of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Learn more.