FlexiMasters in Business and Financial Analytics is offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, as part of the FlexiMasters series launched by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore).
You will be able to gain insights on how to excel in the domain of business analytics and analytics used in the financial services industry and acquire skills to guide businesses through today’s environment of digital disruption and transformation.
- Provide you with better access to postgraduate-level training so you can personalise your learning pathway and upskill/reskill in a timely fashion.
- Enable you to build on your experience, transit and prepare for a career shift, and become future-ready in an ever-changing employment market.
- Earn credits that you can stack towards a postgraduate degree at Nanyang Business School, Singapore.
1. Our programme consists of four advanced business courses, worth a total of 15 academic units (AUs):
- Three courses, each worth four AUs
- One course, worth three AUs
2. Each course comprises:
- An online 9-hour self-paced component for the single 3-AU course and an equivalent 22-hour component for the four 4-AU course
- A 30-hour in-class component, over four weekends
- You are required to attain a minimum of GP 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, to be awarded the AU for each course
3. Mode of class delivery:
- The default mode of delivery are in-person classes, with considerations for online classes when necessary
4. Upon graduating, the following qualifications will be awarded:
- FlexiMasters will be awarded to students attaining 15 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Graduate Certificate will be awarded to students attaining 9 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- While no pre-requisites are needed to enrol in the course/s, participants with relevant background and/or experience may have a better understanding of their course content.
- Priority will be given to candidates who choose to complete four courses within this specific FlexiMasters programme.
The 2022 intakes for this programme will be in August and November.
If an intake is fully enrolled, your application will be considered for the following available intake. Updates to your application status will be sent to you at least 6 weeks before commencement of programme.
As seats are limited, please send in your application early to avoid disappointment.
Venue: Suntec City
- The course duration is 24 weeks, with four Saturday classes per module.
- The programme has been designed for a blend of in-person and online classes.
- Mandatory attendance is required for programme info sessions. (Details will be provided upon successful admittance into the programme.)
AI and Analytics Technologies in Enterprise
This course introduces the concept of analytics with machine learning and how a business can embed and embrace them in its operation.
You will learn:
AI and Analytics in Finance, Credit and Related Risks
Coding expands your digital literacy horizon. Analytical thinking puts together critical thinking and reasoning skill. AI will allow you to create state-of-the-art predictive and prescriptive technology which will eventually automate the process of accounting and finance. Increasingly, employers today mandate employees to be equipped with these skillsets to help to resolve organizations’ issues, automate business and accounting processes, data crunching, report generation and give financial advice.
Similarly, credit-related risk is an essential area of business and finance, which leverages the application of machine learning and data mining tools to large customer databases. This course provides fundamental tools for credit risk modelling and evaluation by data analytic techniques.
Data Management and Visualization
Data has become integral to businesses and organizations. This course is built to bridge the gap between market talent demand and talent availability specific to business data management and business visualization. The course serves dual roles of presenting the importance of data on business decision-making and of demonstrating ways that visualization can effectively augment business decisions.
Design Thinking, Blockchain Technology Management and Cybersecurity
Design thinking has become increasingly popular in the world of business, with small and medium to large firms like P&G and SAP using and advocating it. Design thinking, emphasizing human-centred design and empathy-driven solutions, has been promoted widely by design firms like IDEO and Stanford University’s D School. It has now become a must-know tool for companies who are keen to grow and flourish through continuous innovation. The course will introduce you to the key principles of design thinking, utilizing relevant case studies.
It is also crucial for you to appreciate the core technical aspects of blockchain, especially when it promises to disrupt the current business landscape through consensus-driven decentralization of the traditional computing fabric. Concepts of blockchain will be discussed, examining the blockchain using cases and challenges related to its implementation.
With the proliferation of information and communication technology products and services, it is of paramount importance for everyone to understand the role of security and privacy in practice. Financial technology, data analytics, and digital transformation of businesses have immensely amplified the value of data, thereby demanding the appreciation of cybersecurity threats and privacy issues, in every sphere of business.
FlexiMasters in Business and Financial Analytics can be stacked into an MSc (Business Analytics) at Nanyang Business School and is similarly accredited under the following conditions:
- Up to 12 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters may be transferred to an MSc (Business analytics). The AUs can be used from following four courses:
- The AUs earned from FlexiMasters are valid for five (5) years for transfer of credits to a relevant/adjoining Master’s by Coursework programme.
- Transfer of credits is by application and will be assessed and approved by the Programme Owners.
- The minimum Grade Point eligible for transfer of credits is 2.5. Programme Owners may recommend a higher Grade Point for transfer of credits.
- AUs from a Graduate Certificate or FlexiMasters programme that are approved for transfer of credits will however, not be included in the computation of CGPA for the Master’s by Coursework programme.
- The course must not have been used for exemption/transfer of credits into another programme.
Admission to Full NBS Master’s Programme
Participants have to meet all required admission standards of the selected Master’s programme.
|Course Fees in SGD|
|Fees BEFORE funding & GST||Fees AFTER funding & GST|
|Singapore Citizens (aged 21-39) / PR (aged ≥21)|
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)|
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR|
ETSS2 - up to 90%
|NTU Class of 2020/2021+|
Fee payable to NBS after 70% SSG Funding and use of $3,200 Alumni Credits** and NTU Class of 2020/2021 COVID-19 support package
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit and SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up to defray part of the net course fee. You can submit your SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging into MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each module.
- You must complete and pass all assessment components.
You do not need to contact SkillsFuture or SkillsConnect for funding before course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored applicants. You will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.
**NTU Alumni Course Credits
All NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their alumni credits of $1,600 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses offered by NTU-Continuing Education Training (CET) Units. It is your responsibility to inform us if you wish to utilize alumni credits before the start of the programme. For more info, please click here.
+NTU Class of 2020/2021
- Full fee waiver is only applicable for Singaporeans and PR (full-time undergraduate students).
- Cash payment may be due if you have used up any free CET course or Alumni course credits prior to enrolling in FlexiMasters.
- There will be no refund of $3,200 Alumni course credits if you withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
1. What is the course schedule and duration of the FlexiMasters programme?
Please look under ‘Course Schedule & Venue’ for the schedule and duration of the classes. Course run dates will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme.
2. Will I be able to pursue more than 1 FlexiMasters programme?
There are no restrictions but it’s advisable to take up 1 FlexiMasters at a time as the schedule might overlap. Eventually, all of the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. I’m only interested in one of the modules in one of the FlexiMasters Programme. Will I be able to pursue that module?
FlexiMasters is a bundled programme. When you apply for a FlexiMasters programme, it will be considered that you’re applying for all the modules.
4. How will the credits earned from the FlexiMasters contribute to a NBS Master’s programme?
FlexiMasters is a stackable programme where credits earned are eligible for credit transfer to a NBS Master’s programme. However, participants are required to meet the admission standards of their selected NBS Master’s programme. For more information about the NBS Master’s Programme, you may visit this link: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies
5. What is the course assessment like?
Course assessment will differ from module to module. This will be determined by the respective teaching faculty. Assessment components will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme. Some of the assessment components may consist of Individual coursework, Group coursework, Quizzes and Class Participation.
6. When will the course outlines be made available?
Course outlines will be shared upon successful admittance to the FlexiMasters programme.
7. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020/2021?
Course fees are fully waived for students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020 & 2021 (subject to participants meeting SSG's funding criteria and $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits). For NTU Class 2020 & 2021, they will be eligible for FlexiMasters full funding till June 2022 & June 2023 respectively. Terms and conditions will apply for full funding.
8. Will the cost of a FlexiMasters course be fully waived for International students who graduated from the NTU full-time undergraduate class of 2020/2021?
As SSG Funding is only applicable to Singaporeans & PR, International students will need to bear 70% of the cost fees. However, they will still be eligible for the $3,200 NTU Alumni Course Credits & Covid 19 Support Package.
9. Can I still use my Alumni Credit? When does my Alumni Credit Expire? Can I check the balance of my Alumni Credit?
Kindly email to PACE regarding queries of your Alumni Credit: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty level?
These are advanced graduate Business courses embedded with academic rigour necessary for the academic units in the programme. Due diligence is required to pass the modules in the programme.
11. If I do not pass the course or any of its components, would the funding still hold? Or would it be revoked?
In the event you do not pass a course, you will not be eligible for funding. Hence, you will have to pay for any outstanding fees thereafter.
12. Will there be more details available on the course curriculum, such as the types of software being used and the specific topics covered in each module?
Once you have successfully enrolled into the programme, more information will be given to you regarding the modules.
Find out about the FlexiMasters route, the various subsidies and more here.
- An administrative fee may be imposed and there will be no refund of course fee for participants who withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to change the date, venue, and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
- Nanyang Technological University will have the final decision on the mode of delivery for the class (either in-person or online) and participants will be notified accordingly.
- There will be no make-up classes for absentees.
- Participants who wish to progress to a Master’s Programme upon attaining a Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters must submit a separate application for admission and the criteria for admission to the Master’s Programme would apply.
You may also be interested in:
Public Programmes for Professionals
Upskill and keep up with the latest in business, innovation management, strategic thinking and agile leadership so they can develop a competitive edge.
Programmes and Events Calendar
Find out about our latest events and upcoming courses of our Nanyang Executive Education programme, offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, part of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Learn more.