FlexiMasters in Strategic HR Performance Programme Overview
The FlexiMasters in Strategic HR Performance (for non-HR Practitioners) is suitable for current non-HR practitioners keen to equip themselves with emerging HR concepts and ideas so that they not only are positioned to help their organizations perform HR better, but more importantly, to lead the HR team to deliver HR differently.
A sequence of five graduate courses will give participants you broad exposure to strategic HR in the digital age, strategic rewards, talent sourcing, acquisition, and development which will then allow you to subsequently apply their newly acquired knowledge and skills to a capstone project on HR diagnosis of a company.
Diverse learning experience in FlexiMasters
“The teaching faculty and the external trainers from the Institute for Human Resource Professionals were able to help me understand the practical uses of each theory and best practice that we discussed. The diversity in terms of the
participants as well, that I was able to learn from. I think we're all able to learn from each other and that really is the extra motivation for wanting to get up and go to class every Saturday for me.”
— Managing Director, Ivan Lim
- Provide you with better access to postgraduate-level training so you can personalise your learning pathway and upskill/reskill in a timely fashion.
- Enable you to build on your experience, transit and prepare for a career shift, and become future-ready in an ever-changing employment market.
- Earn CPD hours for IHRP Certifications by completing this FlexiMasters programme.
- Earn credits that you can stack towards a postgraduate degree at Nanyang Business School, Singapore
1. Our programme consists of five advanced business courses, worth a total of 15 academic units (AUs):
- Five courses, each worth three AUs
2. Each course comprises:
- An online 9-hour self-paced component
- A 30-hour in-class component, over four weekends
- You are required to attain a minimum of GP 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, to be awarded the AU for each course
3. Mode of class delivery:
- The default mode of delivery are in-person classes, with considerations for online classes when necessary
4. Upon graduating, the following qualifications will be awarded:
- FlexiMasters will be awarded to students attaining 15 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Graduate Certificate will be awarded to students attaining 9 AUs, with a minimum GP of 2.5, a C+ grade equivalent, from each considered course
- Participants are required to have minimum of five years working experience. Participants with background and/or experience in one or more of the listed programme courses will better appreciate the course contents.
- Priority will be given to candidates who choose to complete five courses within this specific FlexiMasters programme.
More information on the next intake and course schedule will be available later.
Strategic HR in the Digital Age
People are an important resource and driver for organizational success. This makes the strategic management of people as a valuable resource especially critical in a global, knowledge-driven digital economy. Effective leaders and managers thus have to strategically align their workforce’s skills and behaviours with the strategic needs of their business and the prevailing business environment. This is Strategic Human Resource Management in the digital age.
This course provides an overview of the role human capital plays in achieving competitive advantage for firms. It highlights the challenges and opportunities firms face in managing their human capital in the current digital age, especially with the growing use of predictive analysis and artificial intelligence.
You will gain insight into the tools needed to evaluate and design HR strategies to compete with knowledge-based competition. We will especially highlight the impact of these digital HR processes on employee behaviour and well-being. Key people management practices like workforce flexibility, the use of A.I. for selection and appraisal, and virtual work will also be evaluated in light of the capabilities of technology to aid in the implementation of an effective people-based strategy to drive organizational growth and change.
Talent Learning and Development
HR Structure: From personal administration, personal management, human resource management, human capital, and finally to the term ‘talent’ to describe all aspects of employee hiring and development, much has changed today with the HR function. In this program, you will learn about the structure of HR functions today and the role of HR Business partners, COEs, and HR Service delivery centres in working together to make a positive impact on the business through the talent agenda.
Talent and learning processes, frameworks, and methodology: You will learn how to access, identify, develop, and deploy your talent at the right time for the right role with the right person. Through this program, you will have a better understanding, knowledge, and skills in helping your organization to seed the talent pipeline and ensure a strong leadership bench strength to support organizational growth, whether organic or through mergers, and acquisitions.
Tools and technology for assessment and development: Keep abreast with the latest technology and trends in the assessment and learning space. You will learn about the latest this program will focus on talent assessment and talent development. This includes the critical aspects of knowing how to assess talent before you can grow your talent and the importance of integrating assessment with development, so you do not take a silo approach to talent management and development.
Skills for Talent, Learning & Development function:
Talent Sourcing and Acquisition: Principles and Modern Applications
This course aims to provide you with current knowledge and skills in the domain of employee recruitment, selection, and assessment.
You will learn about:
Considerable attention will be given to modern talent acquisition applications that use scientific advances and technology.
An organization’s success rests on its ability to implement strategy through people. Completing a strategic business plan alone does not guarantee desired results. After organizational strategies are decided, they must be translated to measurable business units, departmental or individual actions aimed at achieving the strategic plan's objectives. Performance and compensation management are two powerful tools to achieve that desired outcome.
The course equips you with the knowledge and understanding of how reward professionals plan, implement, and evaluate employee reward policies to support strategic organisational goals. You will acquire both theoretical and practical understanding of the diverse approaches to reward management.
At the end of the course, you will be able to critically reflect on the strengths and limitations of these approaches in promoting individual and organisational performance. We will examine the foundations for pay and benefits management in modern organisations in the private, public, and non-profit sectors. Specifically, we will look at how these can be integrated into appropriate designs that consider market data, relative value and worth of jobs, as well as individual and team contributions.
We will also have a special look at employee benefits, sales compensation, and executive pay arrangements. You will work directly with data to calculate salary structures, merit increase tables, and the ROI of sales compensation plans. We will also analyse the financials behind executive compensation programmes.
Capstone in HR Diagnosis
The Capstone in HR Diagnosis is an educational collaboration between Institute for Human Resource Professionals (IHRP) and the Nanyang Business School (NBS). This is a rigorous real-life project-oriented module. Hence, the module requires a high level of independence, time management, professionalism, and work ethics.
You are allowed to demonstrate integrated HR knowledge and insights acquired from the four HR modules by examining the strengths and areas for improvements of a client organization. With the guidance from an IHRP appointed consultant and an NBS faculty as a co-supervisor, you will be expected to understand a client’s business objectives and to perform a detailed analysis of the client organization’s HR landscape using an HR diagnostic tool called Human Capital Diagnostic Tool (HCDT).
At the end of this Capstone project, you will submit a report and/or present your findings and recommendations to the client.
FlexiMasters in Strategic HR Performance (for Non-HR Practitioners) can be stacked into Nanyang MBA and similarly accredited under the following conditions:
- Up to 6 academic units (AUs) of FlexiMasters may be transferred into Nanyang MBA (2 courses equivalent). The 2 courses are as follows: Strategic HR in the Digital Age, Strategic Rewards.
- The AUs earned from FlexiMasters are valid for five (5) years for transfer of credits to a relevant/adjoining Master’s by Coursework programme.
- Transfer of credits is by application and the application will be assessed and approved by the Programme Owners.
- The minimum Grade Point eligible for transfer of credits is 2.5. The Programme Owners may recommend a higher Grade Point for transfer of credits.
- AUs from Graduate Certificate or FlexiMasters programme that are approved for transfer of credits will however not be included in the computation of CGPA for the Master’s by Coursework programme.
- The course must not have been used for exemption/transfer of credits into another programme.
Admission to Full NBS Master’s Programme
Participants have to meet all required admission standards of the selected Master’s programme.
|Course Fees in SGD
funding & GST
funding & 9% GST
|Singapore Citizens (aged 21-39) / PR (aged ≥21)
|Singapore Citizens (aged ≥40)
MCES1 - up to 90%
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens / PR
ETSS2 - up to 90%
Fee payable after 70% SSG Funding and use of $1,600 **NTU Alumni Course Credits
1. Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) scheme. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2. Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (ETSS) scheme. For more information, click here.
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit and SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up to defray part of the net course fee. You can submit your SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging into MySkillsFuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for SkillsFuture credit?” and other FAQs.
- You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each module.
- You must complete and pass all assessment components.
You do not need to contact SkillsFuture for funding before course registration. NTU will handle the funding paperwork for both self and company-sponsored applicants. You will be invoiced the net amount after funding and GST.
**NTU Alumni Course Credits
All self-sponsored NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their alumni credits of $1,600 to co-pay up to 50% of the nett fee (exclusive of prevailing GST) payable for courses offered by NTU-Continuing Education Training (CET) Units. It is your responsibility to inform
us if you wish to utilize alumni credits before the start of the programme. For more info, please click here.
1. What is the course schedule and duration of the FlexiMasters programme?
Please look under ‘Course Schedule & Venue’ for the schedule and duration of the classes.
2. Will I be able to pursue more than 1 FlexiMasters programme?
There are no restrictions but it’s advisable to take up 1 FlexiMasters at a time as the schedule might overlap. Eventually, all of the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
3. I’m only interested in one of the modules in one of the FlexiMasters Programme. Will I be able to pursue that module?
FlexiMasters is a bundled programme. When you apply for a FlexiMasters programme, it will be considered that you’re applying for all the modules.
4. How will the credits earned from the FlexiMasters contribute to a NBS Master’s programme?
FlexiMasters is a stackable programme where credits earned are eligible for credit transfer to a NBS Master’s programme. However, participants are required to meet the admission standards of their selected NBS Master’s programme. For more information about the NBS Master’s Programme, you may visit this link: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/business/admissions/graduate-studies
5. What is the course assessment like?
Course assessment will differ from module to module. This will be determined by the respective teaching faculty. Assessment components will be shared upon successful admittance to the programme. Some of the assessment components may consist of Individual coursework, Group coursework, Quizzes and Class Participation.
6. When will the course outlines be made available?
Course outlines will be shared upon successful admittance to the FlexiMasters programme.
7. Can I still use my Alumni Credit? When does my Alumni Credit Expire? Can I check the balance of my Alumni Credit?
Kindly email to PACE regarding queries of your Alumni Credit: [email protected]
8. Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty level?
These are advanced graduate Business courses embedded with academic rigour necessary for the academic units in the programme. Due diligence is required to pass the modules in the programme.
9. If I do not pass the course or any of its components, would the funding still hold? Or would it be revoked?
In the event you do not pass a course, you will not be eligible for funding. Hence, you will have to pay for any outstanding fees thereafter.
10. Will there be more details available on the course curriculum, such as the types of software being used and the specific topics covered in each module?
Once you have successfully enrolled into the programme, more information will be given to you regarding the modules.
Find out about the FlexiMasters route, the various subsidies and more here.
- An administrative fee may be imposed and there will be no refund of course fee for participants who withdraw from the programme after successful admission.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to change the date, time, venue, and mode of delivery of classes due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
- All FlexiMasters programme registrations will be submitted to the NTU Academic Programme Admissions Committee. Registrants will be notified of their admission status prior to the start of the programme, and NTU will have the final decision on FlexiMasters programme admissions.
- Nanyang Technological University will have the final decision on the mode of delivery for the class (either in-person or online) and participants will be notified accordingly.
- There will be no make-up classes for absentees.
- Participants who wish to progress to a Master’s Programme upon attaining a Graduate Certificate or a FlexiMasters must submit a separate application for admission and the criteria for admission to the Master’s Programme would apply.
You may also be interested in:
Public Programmes for Professionals
Upskill and keep up with the latest in business, innovation management, green economy, strategic thinking and agile leadership so they can develop a competitive edge.
Programme and Events Calendar
Find out about our latest events and upcoming courses of our Nanyang Executive Education programme, offered by Nanyang Business School, Singapore, part of Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Learn more.