The Maritime Studies programme focuses primarily on shipping business and management and the Second Major in Business (International Trading) provides Maritime Studies students with additional scope on general business management and international commodity trading.
The Maritime Studies programme focuses primarily on shipping business and management. The programme structure is designed to equip our graduates to excel as professionals in shipping and maritime related sectors (refer to some of the exciting careers of past Maritime Studies graduates). The programme structure is flexible and broad-based. The curriculum also includes Professional Internship to fully prepare students for their professional careers upon graduation.
The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business is jointly offered by the School of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School. This programme equips students with additional proficiencies in general business management and international commodity trading. Students can also opt for the newly launched Maritime Studies with Second Major in Data Analytics or Second Major in Sustainability. (Note that for Second Major programmes, applicants need to choose the specific degree with the Second Major in their applications.)
The specialisation in International Trading is also offered as part of the Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree in Maritime Studies, and Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree with Second Major in Business. This specialisation provides graduates with enhanced
career opportunities in global commodity trading.
- 4-years direct honours degree programme
- The only maritime business degree programme in Singapore
- Students can opt to do Specialisation in International Trading
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H1 Level Mathematics/'O' level Additional Mathematics or equivalent, and
- Pass in H1 Level/'O' level Science subject
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Standard Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Junior High School Level Additional Mathematics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Science
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from the first-year Math course.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from some of the first &/or second year courses.
Our Programme provide a complete education and create diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. It provides a holistic education that includes a strong grounding in maritime fundamentals, appreciation in arts, humanities, business and sciences, practical experience and soft skills.
Core Programme Requirement : 93 AU
General Education Requirement (GER)
- GER-Core : 17 AU
- Communication Skills
- Introduction to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Enterprise & Innovation
- Professionals in Society
- Kickstart your Career Success
- GER-Prescribed Electives (GER-PE): 9 AU
Selection of courses from the following categories:
- Business & Management
- Liberal Arts
- Science, Technology & Society
Unrestricted Elective (UE) : 15 AU
- GER-Core : 17 AU
It is a 4 Years Direct Hon Degree Programme.
The maritime industry is positioned for consistent growth in the coming years, providing promising career opportunities characterised by competitive salaries, job stability, and flexibility. Graduates are anticipated to assume key leadership positions within the maritime sector. Many of our graduates enjoyed fulfilling careers in diverse and exciting roles across various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Specialisation in International Trading
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies SkillsFuture Work-Study Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Maritime Studies with Second Major in Sustainability