Network of Research Integrity Points of Contact: Terms of Reference
- To provide a forum for NTU research integrity points of contact to exchange information, experiences and views;
- To make recommendations to NTU senior management with regard to the development of the NTU research integrity policy;
- To advise on the implementation of research integrity policy decisions, with special reference to educational programmes and mentoring;
- To lead and support the implementation of research integrity policy matters;
- To conduct any other business relevant to the development and strengthening of research integrity at NTU.
- The Committee will be chaired by the Vice President (Research) and, in his/her absence, by a designated Research Director(s) (President's Office).
- A senior representative from each College, School, Research Institute, Autonomous Institute conducting research, and the URECA programme shall be appointed as both a member of the RIC and as the Research Integrity Point of Contact (RIPOC) for their respective unit. Normally, the Associate Chair (Research) or equivalent will be appointed.
- Observers from other relevant groups including the Associate Provosts (Faculty Affairs and Graduate Education), the Deputy Associate Provost (Information & Knowledge) or his/her representative, the Chief Information Officer or his/her representative, and the Chief Planning Officer or his/her representative shall be invited to attend RIC meetings.
- The Research Integrity Officer will be in attendance and the Research Integrity and Ethics Office (RIEO) will provide the Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Research Integrity Point of Contact
- To act as the formal conduit for information on the University’s research integrity policy and its implementation between the College/School/Autonomous Institute/Research Institute or other appropriate unit and the President’s Office acting through the Vice President (Research) and the Research Integrity Officer. The RIPOC will ensure that Deans, Chairs and Directors, as appropriate, are kept fully aware of NTU policy development in research integrity;
- To provide the focal point within the College/School/Autonomous Institute/Research Institute or other appropriate unit for advice, information and mentoring/education and, in so doing, to be familiar with the details of educational programmes developed by the University in the area of academic and research integrity;
- To liaise with the Research Integrity Officer with regard to any allegations of breaches of the research integrity received by the RIPOC and assist in any further investigations, as appropriate;
- In particular, the RIPOC is expected to be familiar with the contents of the on-line Epigeum Research Integrity programme, based on the edVenture platform provided by CELT, and to develop mentoring and tutorial sessions to supplement in the online programme in a blended learning environment. The RIPOC will be expected to liaise with the Research Integrity Officer to develop “road-shows” in research integrity for faculty, research staff and graduate students;
- The RIPOC will receive all notifications from OHR, and local HR units as appropriate, and from GSO with regard to those faculty, research staff and graduate students who, following reminders, have failed to sign the Research Integrity Declaration and to follow up with the individuals concerned to ensure compliance;
- The RIPOC will ensure that all persons involved in developing external research collaborations, whether in Singapore or abroad, are aware of the NTU research integrity policy and include a standard clause on research integrity in all agreements;
- The RIPOC is expected to contribute pro-actively to the development of the NTU Research Integrity policy through participation in the Network of Research Integrity Points of Contact (NORIPOC) chaired by Vice-President (Research).
Members of the Research Integrity Committee
Senior Vice President (Research)
Associate Vice President
(Biomedical and Life Sciences)
Research Integrity Officer
Research Integrity Points of Contact (RIPOCs) are located in the various Schools and departments within NTU to provide research personnel throughout the University with easy access to persons who will act as the reporting authority in the event you wish to highlight any suspected research misconduct. The current list of colleges / schools / institutes with RIPOCs are as indicated below.
|Engineering||Assoc Prof Wen Yonggangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences||Assoc Prof Yohanes Eko Riyanto||AD-HASS-RESEARCH@ntu.edu.sg|
|Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine||Prof Lim Kah Leongemail@example.com|
|Nanyang Business School||Prof Xin Chang, Simba||ADR-NBS@ntu.edu.sg|
|Science||Prof Sum Tze Chien||AD-COS-Research@ntu.edu.sg|
|Art, Design & Media||Assoc Prof Hans-Martin Rall||AC-ADM-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Biological Sciences||Prof Ruedl Christiane||VD-SBS-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Chemical and Biomedical Engineering ||Assoc Prof Duan Hongwei||VD-SCBE-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||Assoc Prof Cao Bin||VD-CEE-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Prof Lin Weisi||VD-SCSE-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||Prof Wang Qijie||VD-EEE-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Humanities||Assoc Prof Hallam Stevens||AC-SoH-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Materials Science and Engineering||Assoc Prof Ng Kee Woei||VD-MSE@ntu.edu.sg|
|Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering||Assoc Prof Wan Man Pun||VD-MAE-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Physical and Mathematical Sciences||Assoc Prof Frederique Elise Oggier||AC-RES-SPMS@ntu.edu.sg|
|Social Sciences||Assoc Prof Wan Ching||AC-SSS-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information||Assoc Prof Edson C. Tandoc Jr||VD-SCI-RES@ntu.edu.sg|
|Prof Theng Yin Leng||Associate Provost (Faculty Affairs)||AssocProvost-FA@ntu.edu.sg|
|Prof Tjin Swee Chuan||Associate Provost (Graduate Education)||AssocProvost-GE@ntu.edu.sg|
|Dr Preman Rajalingam||Head (Teaching, Learning and Pedagogy Division)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms Caroline Pang||Director, Office of Information, Knowledge and Library Services||D-OIKLS@ntu.edu.sg|
|Mr Chan Lay Kock||Senior Assistant Director, Centre for IT Services (CITS)||email@example.com|
|Mr Chan Wei Chuen||Registrar||Registrar@ntu.edu.sg|
|Prof Jan Carlstedt-Duke||Director, Medical School Project|
(Senior Adviser (Medicine) to the President)
|Mr Alvin Ong||Chief Information Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prof Yoon Ho Sup||Research Director (Biomedical Sciences)||email@example.com|
|Mr Jerry Tan||Director (Personal Data Protection Act Office)|
|Prof Fung Tat Ching||Director of RSO||Dir-RSO@ntu.edu.sg|
|Ms Chew-Ooi Lian Ping||Senior Manager, LIBRISfirstname.lastname@example.org|
UPDATES FROM RIC MEETINGS