Students going to the following global exposure programmes are eligible^:
- GEM Explorer
- GEM Discoverer (Work & Study)
- GEM Discoverer (Summer Studies)*
- GEM Discoverer (Prelude)*
- Overseas Internship
Students who are part of and/or holding any of the following scholarships and leadership programme that have a component for overseas travel award are ineligible:
- Nanyang Scholarship
- CNYang Scholars Programme
- University Scholars Programme (USP)
- Earth Observatory of Singapore UG Scholarship
- MSE GRAPHENE
|Period: BEFORE the commencement of the overseas programme. Please watch out for announcements via email on the opening of application for SGE around Feb/Mar and Sep/Oct.|
- Interested students can apply via the application form included in the email announcement. Please ensure all the details are complete and clear.
- The successful awardee will receive the payment directly through GIRO to the bank account.
- Students who do not have GIRO account with NTU, please refer to the application form highlighted in BLUE for details.
- Matching of courses is done at the School level. It is important for students to discuss exchange plans with the School’s exchange coordinators. OGEM is unable to provide students with advice on course matching and/or academic matters.
- Students are expected to do adequate research independently on the course matches. Submission of course matching is done through the Course Matching Module in StudentLink once application to attend an exchange programme is approved.
- Students should match host university courses to specific NTU courses (wherever possible) instead of matching to generic categories such as UE or GER-PE.
- Disapproved course matches should not be deleted as such records in the CourseFinder database will be useful for future references.
- All credit transfers are processed by the Office of Academic Services (OAS), in conjunction with the School, and requires a considerable amount of time. The School seeks the patience and understanding from students.
- The minimum grade to be counted for credit (AU) transfer has to be equitable to a Pass grade at the host university.
- All Pass and Fail courses from the host university is processed accordingly and will be reflected in Degree Audits and transcripts.
- All courses from the host university must have continual assessments (CA) and/or examinations. Academic credits will not be given for courses that are not assessable.