The Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, in partnership with Singapore Sport & Exercise Medicine Centre @ Changi General Hospital (SSMC@CGH), is offering a Sports Medicine Theory Course (SMTC) for medical doctors who would like to have a fundamental understanding of sports medicine.
The Sports Medicine Theory Course (SMTC) is a six-month online non-accreditation programme that is targeted at primary care physicians who would like to have a fundamental understanding of sports medicine. The SMTC comprises six online modules with about four to five pre-recorded lectures in each module.
The content in the six modules includes:
a. Basic Sports Science
b. Sport Injuries in the Lower Limbs
c. Sport Injuries in the Upper Limbs
d. Medical Consideration in Sports Medicine
e. Exercise in Special Populations
f. Thermoregulation, Anti-doping, and Sports Nutrition
The modules will be made available online to SMTC participants on a monthly basis and participants will need to score at least 60% in an online, self-administered and open-book quiz to progress from one lecture topic to the next within each module. Participants will have access to the lecturers for online consultations.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Completion upon completion of the six modules. The completion of the programme does not imply or confer any competency or qualification related to the specialty practice of sports medicine. There will be no practical components in the programme, such as workshops, clinical attachments etc.
Features of SMTC:
- Subsidised course fee for Singaporeans and Singapore PRs
i.e. S$1,091.40 (up to 70% of course fee funding for Singaporeans and Singapore PRs) and $$411.40 (up to 90% of course fee funding for Singaporeans)
- SkillsFuture credit-eligible course
- Ideal for busy medical practitioners who receive patients with sports/exercise-related injuries and with chronic diseases
- Six-month online learning at your own pace, any time, anywhere
- Access to lecturers via online discussion forum
- Course offered by Nanyang Technological University, Singapore – ranked 48th in the 2019 Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Course offered in partnership with Singapore Sport & Exercise Medicine Centre @ Changi General Hospital – one of the premier sports medicine clinics in Singapore