MLDA@EEE offers various opportunities for our EEE/IEM students to work with reputable industry partners such as NVIDIA, OCBC Bank, Pensees and Shopee, among many others, on a wide variety of AI-related projects.
These projects include (but are not limited to):
1. MLDA@EEE Industry Project
(can be individual or group project)
- Open for all students
- Duration: Flexible, depending on the company’s requirements.
- Extra-curricular, carried out directly between students and the company, with the possibility of getting a EEE faculty as a co-supervisor (however, this is not guaranteed).
- MLDA@EEE will assign a Student Committee Project Manager to assist with the delivering of the project. However, the School of EEE will not be held responsible for the project progress, given its adhoc nature.
By invitation only, for: students in their
- 2nd year (in a 3-year Bachelor's degree programme)
- 2nd or 3rd year (in a 4-year Bachelor's degree programme)
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year (in a 5-year Bachelor's degree programme)
- Duration: 11-month (Aug to Jun) programme to cultivate research culture among outstanding undergraduates in NTU.
For: 2nd or 3rd year students
Duration: Semester 1 or 2 (over 13 weeks)
- Open for 3rd year students
- Duration: Semester 1 or 2 (6 hours per week, over 13 weeks)
- Students work in a group of 5 – 7 members
- There will be a compulsory DIP competition managed by respective programme coordinators. Project supervisors need to serve as judges of the competition, unless the programme coordinator has alternative arrangements.
- Each faculty can only propose 1 project each as main supervisor and co-supervisor per semester.
- Students will be informed to select staff proposed projects from his/her programme.
- Project allocation will be done by computer, based on the choices of students.
- Open for 4th year students
- Duration: mid-Aug to mid-Mar of the following year
- Open for Continuation of an earlier URECA project carried out by a 2nd and/or 3rd year student.
- Duration: mid Aug to mid-Mar of the following year
1. Master of Science Programme Dissertation Project (M.Sc.)(individual project)
- Open for students taking EEE M.Sc. Programmes
- Duration: Semester 1, at least 6 working months involvement.
- Supervisors must be EEE Faculty.
- Projects should not be classified under NDA, i.e. not contain any confidential information on inventions(s) that may be patentable.
2. Industry Postgraduate Programme (IPP)
- Open for students taking EEE M.Eng. or PhD Programmes
- Duration: M.Eng. - 2 years of study & research / PhD - 4 years of study & research.
For more details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.