The Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree in Civil Engineering with Business Major is jointly offered by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Nanyang Business School.
Students are educated in both Engineering and Business over the usual programme duration of 4 years. The programme offers a unique degree programme that equips students with both engineering and business knowledge that are important for one to succeed in today’s multidisciplinary world. It combines the technical hard skills of Engineering with the Management and Leadership skills inherent in Business studies. Graduates of this programme will have enhanced competitive advantage and access to a wider range of career options and opportunities.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H2 Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computing/ Physics, and
- Pass in H1/ ‘O’ Level Physics1 or equivalent
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Higher Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Physics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Physics2 or equivalent
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics3 or equivalent
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Physics4
1 Pass in H1 Level / ‘O’ Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read H2 Level Physics.
2 Pass in Standard Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Higher Level Physics.
3 Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not majored in Physics.
4 Pass in Junior High School Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Senior High School Level Physics.
Applicants with only a H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics are required to read 'PH1012 Physics A' instead of 'PH1011 Physics' in their first semester. Computer Engineering and Computer Science students will read 'SC1013 Physics for Computing' instead.
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results admit directly to Second year, may be eligible for exemptions for the course MH1810 Mathematics I.
In addition to career opportunities in infrastructure development for Civil Engineering graduates, the Second Major in Business provides proficiency in business that leads to more diverse career choices and facilitates career growth in professions that emphasise on business skills.
Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Sustainability