1. Safety Training and Risk Assessment
Before being granted access to any laboratory facility, you must first do the following:
- Download the Quick Safety Guide in SPMS and read it.
- Watch the SPMS safety video.
If you cannot see the video, click here to view it on YouTube.
- Complete the Basic Safety Training and Risk Management online courses
- For faculty and staff, the courses can be accessed via Workday. Click on "Learning" and "Topics", then select "Health & Safety".
- For students, the courses can be accessed via NTULearn. Click on the "Courses" tab, followed by "Safety Training Topics".
- The Basic Safety Training course should cover Fire Safety, Electrical Safety, Slip, Trip and Fall (STF), Manual Lifting, and Office Ergonomics.
- The Risk Management course should consist of two modules, "Risk Management Core" and "Risk Management for Workplace".
- After passing each required module, take a screenshot. Email your screenshots to email@example.com.
- Complete your Workplace Risk Assessment. Once you receive approval of the risk assessment, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the following lab access request forms, depending on where you will be working:
2. Additional Job-Specific Safety Training
Depending on your job requirements, you may be required to complete the additional safety training modules.
To determine what additional training you need, consult the SPMS Safety Training Matrix (PDF).
3. Collect your PPE
Check in with your supervisor (RO or PI) on what Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you need, and where to collect them. Ask also for any other specific safety requirements that you need to know.
After this, once your lab access request is granted, you are all set to go. Remember to observe the safety rules; if in doubt, ask your supervisor or colleagues. Stay safe and work safe!