Conference Venue | 会场
School of Humanities
Nanyang Technological University
48 Nanyang Avenue
Contact | 查询详情
Email: [email protected]
The ISCLD is a biennial international symposium that advances the exchange of scholarship and emphasizes an empirical orientation in functional discourse studies of the Chinese language, with participation from local and international scholars, not only from linguistics, but also related fields of communication, sociology, anthropology, education etc. with regards to the use of Chinese languages.
- ISCLD 1 2010 University of California, Los Angeles, USA
- ISCLD 2 2012 Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- ISCLD 3 2014 Birkbeck College, University of London, UK.
- ISCLD 4 2016 Bryant University, USA
- ISCLD 5 2018 University of Sydney, Australia
- ISCLD 6 2022 University of Macau, Macau (Online and on-site)
The 7th ISCLD returns to NTU (previously held in 2012) after more than a decade, with the theme “New Directions in Chinese Language Research: Structure and Use”. The conference continues to focus on Chinese language and discourse, but we also like to encourage researchers working on other areas previously not discussed in the past conferences, including minority languages related to Chinese, AI application, bi/multi-lingual and multicultural settings.
Hosting this international conference in 2024 at NTU holds special significance, as it coincides with the 20th anniversary celebration of the NTU Chinese programme. The organization of this conference is structured as part of our celebration of NTU as a leading institution for Chinese language research in the global arena.
- Chinese Language and AI
- Chinese language and cognition
- Chinese language and culture
- Chinese language and education
- Chinese language and ethnicity
- Chinese language and society
- Chinese language and interaction
- Chinese language and its variations
- Chinese language in bilingual settings
- Chinese language in multilingual and multicultural settings