This double degree programme of Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) and Bachelor of Social Sciences in Economics is offered jointly by the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering and School of Social Sciences.
It aims to equip students with excellent knowledge and competency in Engineering and Economics over the programme duration of 5 years. Graduates of this programme can expect more career options in the engineering-and-economics-related and beyond. Engineers who have strong economic knowledge will be better equipped for management positions when moving up the corporate ladder.
- 5 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
- Specialisation in Coastal Protection
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H2 Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computing/ Physics, and
- Pass in H1/ ‘O’ Level Physics1 or equivalent
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Higher Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Physics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Physics2 or equivalent
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics3 or equivalent
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Physics4
1 Pass in H1 Level / ‘O’ Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read H2 Level Physics.
2 Pass in Standard Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Higher Level Physics.
3 Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not majored in Physics.
4 Pass in Junior High School Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Senior High School Level Physics.
Applicants with only a H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics are required to read 'PH1012 Physics A' instead of 'PH1011 Physics' in their first semester. Computer Engineering and Computer Science students will read 'SC1013 Physics for Computing' instead.
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Students with outstanding Singapore GCE ‘A’ Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) and NUS High School Diploma results may be eligible for exemptions from up to 3 selected first-year courses, more details could be found via the following link.
Students with outstanding Poly Diploma results admit directly to Second year, may be eligible for exemptions for the course MH1810 Mathematics I.
Our Programme provide a complete education and create diverse opportunities to harness the talents of students and nurture graduates not limited by boundaries. It provides a holistic education that includes a strong grounding in engineering fundamentals, appreciation in arts, humanities, business and sciences, practical experience and soft skills.
It is a 5 Years Direct Hon Degree Programme
Further information can be found on this page.
Details on curriculum structure can be found on this page.
Upon graduation, graduates can be involved in various engineering fields and environments, find the best solutions to the most pressing problems of society, and apply sophisticated technologies to meet society’s needs in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Graduates can look forward to a wide range of career prospects in fields such as infrastructure planning and development, construction technology, seismic and protective engineering, structural project procurement and management, water resources engineering, environmental technologies development, water and wastewater treatment, wastewater reclamation and reuse, membrane technologies, and desalination and resource recovery.
Our graduates are employed in role such as:
- Civil Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Building and Construction Project Manager
- Assistant Engineer
- Policy and Planning Manager
- Business Consultant
- Environmental Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Production, Operations Manager
- Research and Development Manager
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Sustainability