The School of Social Sciences (SSS) welcomes postgraduate students from overseas universities to undertake short-term research at NTU with our faculty as a non-Graduating-non-exchange student for a period of 3 to 12 months (minimum of 40 hours per week or 8 hours on a 5-day work week).
You will need to notify us at least 2 months ahead of your intended research start date at NTU.
Students are liable for the following fees (correct as at 8 June 2021):
|Registration Fee||All Students||S$150|
|Research Fee||All Students||S$2,450 / 3-6 mths (PPGA/Sociology)|
S$3,150 / 3-6 mths (Economics/Psychology)
Swab test and quarantine facility
|VISA (processing / issuance / multiple journey visa)*||International Students||S$90 to S$120|
|Miscellaneous Fee: Health Service Fee (HSF)||All Students||S$145.80 / 2 semesters|
|Miscellaneous Fee: Student Service Fee (SSF)||All Students||S$351.00 / 2 semesters|
- Consult with an Academic Staff and obtain supervision confirmation and period of research attachment.
- Complete the following table and send it to the AC-SSS-GE together with the respective Academic Staff's confirmation to supervise you.
|1||Duration of Research Attachment (dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy)|
|2||Full Name as in Passport|||
|4||Date of Birth|||
|5||Title of Research Project|||
|7||Status of Education (Masters/Ph.D.)|||
|8||Residential Address (if living in a dorm, please provide in separate line)|||
3. Prepare the following documents for submission later in the different application portals (Instructions will be sent via email in response to submission requested in point 2)
- Official transcript in English
- Clear coloured passport-size photo (JPG format <100kb)
Avoid wearing any hat or other head covering, unless you habitually wear a hat or head covering in accordance with your religious or racial custom
Facial feature should be clearly evident
Spectacle frames must not cover part of the yes
Background should be white
- Clear coloured scanned copy of full passport information page with a validity of 6 months (JPG format <200kb)
- Curriculum Vitae (word format <600kb)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (PDF)
- Scholarship document, if applicable
- Registration acknowledgement letter from home university
- Birth Certificate
- List of countries previously resided in (have information on hand)
If you require more assistance, please email AC-SSS-GE@ntu.edu.sg