- What kind of world do we live in?
- Is there a God?
- Is there an external world?
- What kind of life should we live?
- Do human beings act freely?
- Where do moral obligations come from?
- How do we construct a just society?
- Where does knowledge come from and what are the limitations of our knowledge?
The discipline of philosophy helps you develop a sophisticated sense of logic, a capacity for rigorous reasoning, a comprehensive perspective in understanding the world, and a broad base of knowledge that intersects with other disciplines such as mathematics, physics, biology, economics, social sciences, and psychology. Studying philosophy enables you to read carefully, write well, reason clearly, communicate effectively, think critically, and most importantly, think for yourself - essential skills for a successful career and an enriched life.