NTU-IACUC convenes once a month for the review of (i) new AUP applications and (ii) major amendments to approved protocols. NTU-IACUC meetings are held on the first Friday of a month though schedules may change. If there is a change in meeting date or time, the IACUC Secretariat will contact you to inform you of the change if you are scheduled for presentation.
All applications and amendments are to be submitted by the 1st working day of a month to be reviewed at the following month’s IACUC meeting. All reviews are on a first come, first served basis.
The IACUC meeting schedule from Jan - Jun 2021 is as follows:
|8 January (Completed)||5 February|
|5 March||9 April|
|7 May||4 June|
Note to PIs / Course Instructors
- In addition to adherence to above mentioned deadlines, PIs are to ensure that risk assessments and all supporting documents are provided to the IACUC Secretariat by the deadline of 1st working day of a month. Failure to do so could result in delays to project review.
- All PIs are required to be present at the IACUC review in person. Any application where the PI is unable to be present in person will not be reviewed at that meeting, even if it was pre-scheduled.
- All PIs are provided with a 20 minutes presentation time slot per submission. Please ensure that you adhere to this time frame; a general rule is 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- While time slots are pre-scheduled, please note that there might be some changes in presentation time, in the event slots overrun.
- All PIs are requested to be present at the venue at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the presentation slot. If a PI is absent at the start of his pre-scheduled slot, the IACUC deserves the right to proceed to the next scheduled presentation or end the meeting.
- Listed below are the points to be addressed in your application presentation, with greater emphasis to be placed on Animal Use and Numbers and Procedures. If your application is for protocol renewal, please highlight to the committee the differences between the renewal protocol and original approved protocol.
|Project Overview||Animals Use And Numbers||Procedures (Describe Via A Flowchart)|
|Introduction to project in lay terms||Why selected animals are suitable for project||Non-surgical procedures to be performed|
(type, method, timeline, etc.)
Surgical procedures to be performed
|Expected outcomes||Number of animals requested and how they are derived.||Measures implemented to reduce pain and distress. If pain or distress cannot be reduced, provide justification.|
|||||Qualification of personnel in performing procedures described.|