Today’s Civil Engineers contribute to the liveability and sustainability of our environment. The Second Major in Data Analytics equips Civil Engineering students with additional technical competency to integrate applications with data analytics.
With data becoming pervasive in the way we live, companies are investing in data analytics capabilities to keep up with developments and competition. However, data analytics tools are evolving at a rapid pace and there is a shortage of qualified data analysts and data scientists in the market today. To align students with emerging employment trends, the College of Science (CoS) and College of Engineering (CoE) jointly offer the Second Major in Data Analytics.
Civil Engineering students can take advantage of their technical knowledge and training in the civil domain to integrate applications in data analytics. This will expand their career options after graduation.
- 4 years direct honours programme
- Accredited and globally recognised programme
- 20 weeks Professional Internship
Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level
- Pass in H2 Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in H2 Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computing/ Physics, and
- Pass in H1/ ‘O’ Level Physics1 or equivalent
- A diploma from one of the local polytechnics,
- Relevant diplomas will be considered for direct entry into the second year (by merit) and may be exempted from selected courses,
- For a list of acceptable local diplomas, please refer here.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Pass in Higher Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Higher Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Physics, and
- Pass in Standard Level Physics2 or equivalent
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics, and
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics3 or equivalent
International & Other Qualifications
- Pass in Senior High School Level Mathematics, and
- Pass in Senior High School Level Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics, and
- Pass in Junior High School Level Physics4
1 Pass in H1 Level / ‘O’ Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read H2 Level Physics.
2 Pass in Standard Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Higher Level Physics.
3 Overall CAP of 2.0 in Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not majored in Physics.
4 Pass in Junior High School Level Physics is only applicable to applicants who have not read Senior High School Level Physics.
Applicants with only a H1 Level / ‘O’ Level pass in Physics are required to read 'PH1012 Physics A' instead of 'PH1011 Physics' in their first semester. Computer Engineering and Computer Science students will read 'SC1013 Physics for Computing' instead.
International students must have completed at least 12 years of general education, or will be taking Year 12 national examinations in the year of application in order to be considered for admission. In addition to fulfilling the minimum entry requirements, applicants must also satisfy the minimum subject requirements. For further details, please refer here.
Besides the Core Programme Requirement, students need to fulfill a total of 30-38 AU including 21 - 26AU of Compulsory Courses covering 7 key knowledge areas, as well as 9 - 12AU of data-related electives (the range of AU is due to a mix of 2, 3 and 4AU courses) for Second Major in Data Analytics.
Some courses in Knowledge Areas 1 - 4 are Core or Major Prescribed Elective (MPE) in the respective primary Bachelor of Engineering / Science programme and can therefore be double-counted towards both majors. Please select your programme in Programme Options above to view the recommended courses and study plan.
Further information on Second Major in Data Analytics can be found on this page.
Besides career opportunities in infrastructure development for Civil Engineering graduates, the Second Major in Data Analytics will open up a broad and diverse range of career prospects (especially in data-driven civil engineering applications), including:
- Data Scientist
- Research Scientist
- R&D Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Analyst
- Data Architect
Our graduates have been in diverse exciting jobs in various sectors.
There are more than 40 minors available. Some popular minors are as follows,
- Minor in Business
- Minor in International Trading
Full list could be found via the following link.
- Double Degree in Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering and Bachelor of Social Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Business
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Society & Urban Systems
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering with Second Major in Sustainability