Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is ranked in the top tier of global universities. It is also ranked 1st amongst the world’s best young universities. Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI) at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore invites Full Professors from overseas universities or research institutions to join us as Visiting Professor.
As a Visiting Professor at WKWSCI, your role includes teaching and mentoring students, carry out research related activities, including but not limiting to conduct research talks, workshops, usually for a semester or an academic year.
Applications from June to July 2021, will be considered for the semester starting in January 2022*. Applications from January to February 2022, will be considered for the semester starting in August 2022*.
You may wish to apply to SCI-HR@ntu.edu.sg with your updated Curriculum Vitae, and a write-up of suggested contributions in teaching and research as well as the period and length of the Visiting Professorship.
*In view of the current COVID situation, government regulations and the University’s direction, the periods of Visiting Professorship are tentative.
The programme for Visiting Scholar extends a specified courtesy title and privileges to scholars of distinction who visit the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information in order to engage in research and cultural interaction with Nanyang Technological University’s faculty and students. It supports research by individuals who are undertaking projects related to the research strategic areas of WKWSCI.
The Visiting Scholar will be provided with an office space, Internet access and some administrative support. The successful applicant may also attend research talks, seminars and workshops organized by WKWSCI or NTU.
There will be two batches of application for visiting scholar.
- Application from 1st January to 31st March for appointment in August of the same year
- Application from 1st July to 30th September for appointment in February of the following year
The appointment typically lasts between 3 and 6 months in order for the Visiting Scholar to complete the expectations of the appointment. This appointment is non-stipendiary.
Visiting scholars covered by this programme may not in any way perform in the role of an employee of NTU.
- Have completed a PhD;
- Holds a faculty or other permanent research position at another institution of higher education or research organizations;
- A letter of support from a faculty at WKWSCI who will be hosting you;
- A recent curriculum vitae or resume;
- Research Proposal (please use - Research Proposal template);
- Detailed Training Programme (please use - Detailed Training Programme template);
- Employment certificate from the current employer indicating that they are allowing you to apply for the visiting scholar position;
- Copy of PhD certificate and transcript of records in English. Official translation is required for documents in other language;
- For degrees acquired from China, submit the qualification verification from China Credentials Verification (www.chsi.com.cn);
- Copy of passport for non-Singaporeans;
- NRIC for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
Visiting Scholars are expected to:
- Collaborate with the receiving host faculty on an agreed research topic;
- Acknowledge WKWSCI’s contribution in publications arising from the research undertaken while in the programme;
- Conduct a research presentation to the faculty and students, which will be organised by the WKWSCI Research Office.
Applications and enquiries must be sent to WKWSCIResearch-HR@ntu.edu.sg. No application will be entertained before and after the application date.