Business is an area that is seeing increasing interest and demand in the fast-changing employment landscape in Singapore.
With the addition of a Business major to the well-established Bachelor of Social Science (Economics) programme, the graduates from this programme will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds in acquiring both technical Economics knowledge as well as business know-how.
BSocSci (Hons) in Economics with 2nd Major in Business is an integrated 4-year programme between the School of Social Sciences and Nanyang Business School that incorporates existing Economics courses and Business courses. Students will read courses from both schools.
For GCE 'A' level certificate holders:
- NTU General Admission Requirements
- A good grade in H1 Level Mathematics
- A good grade in General Paper/Knowledge & Inquiry
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- A good grade in Mathematics at Standard Level
- A good grade in English at Standard Level
NUS High School Diploma
- Major CAP of 2.0 in Mathematics
- Good Overall CAP in English Language
International & Other Qualifications
- A good grade in Additional Mathematics at Junior High School Level and a good grade in English at Senior High School Level
More details on admission can be found at the Office of Admissions website.
Table A: Curriculum Requirements
|Curriculum Structure (AY2021/2022 intake onwards)|
|A. Major Requirements||B. Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core (ICC)||C. Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)||Total (AUs)|
|Core||Prescribed Electives||Graduation Project* OR Prescribed Electives||Common Core||Foundational Core||2nd Major Requirement||Free BDE||Total|
|9 courses||10 courses||7 courses||3 courses||10 courses|
Table B: ICC
|ICC – Common Cores||17|
|Inquiry and Communication in an Interdisciplinary World ||2|
|Navigating the Digital World||2|
|Ethics & Civics in a Multicultural World ||2|
|Career and Entrepreneurial Development for the Future World||2|
|Healthy Living & Well-being||3|
|Sustainability: Social, Economy & Environment||3|
|Science & Technology for Humanity||3|
|ICC – Foundational Cores||10|
|Effective Communication II||2|
|Digital Literacy II||3|
Table C: BDEs
|BDEs – 2nd Major Requirement||30|
AB1201 Financial Management
AB1301 Business Law
AB1601 Organisational Behaviour & Design
AD1102 Financial Accounting
BE1402 Business Operations & Process
BE2602 Management in Principles, Skills & Competencies
BM2509 Consumer Insights
AD2102 Management Accounting
|Free BDEs (Students may choose from the list of courses offered by NTU)||10|
1. Students are to opt-in to read Graduation Project.
2. To obtain Honours (Highest Distinction & Distinction), students must complete their graduation project.