Residues, Resource and Reclamation
Our research in residues, resource and reclamation strengthens Singapore environmental industry's capability in waste and resource management with emphasis on use-inspired R3 (Residues, Resource and Reclamation) research and translation for Singapore, and in the Asia Pacific region. It acts as a focal point for synergistic research collaborations with national agencies, industry partners, and educational and research institutions, both locally and from around the world.
Its R.E.D activities are focused around these 3 key areas:
- Waste to materials - converting waste into new, useful materials;
- Waste to energy - harnessing energy from urban biomass, sewage sludge, agricultural residues, micro-algae;
- Contaminated site remediation - developing solutions and technologies for remediating contaminated sites.
Areas of research
Solid waste value capture through waste to energy and waste to materials technologies.
- Ash/slag re-utilization
- CO2 sequestration
- landfill remediation
- Syngas upgrading,
- Chemical looping combustion
Air Pollution Control
- Portable analysis system
- Corrosion control
Energy & Resource recovery
- Plastics to Oil
- Carbon-based materials/Nanotubes
Our laboratories houses a number of specialized equipment for resource recovery research studies. Experienced scientists, well equipped laboratories and test plants are available for interdisciplinary research.