This Second Major programme equips chemistry majors with training in data analytics, a discipline that is increasingly pervasive in science, technology, and business. The data analytics courses for the Second Major are offered by a wide range of Schools in NTU's College of Science and College of Engineering.
Minimum Subject Requirements
|Qualification||Minimum Subject Requirements|
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level||H2 Level pass in Chemistry and Mathematics.|
|Polytechnic Diploma||Relevant diploma. Click here for more information.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at Higher Level.|
|NUS High School Diploma||Major CAP of 2.0 in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Others (including international applicants)||A good grade in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at the senior high school level, equivalent to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level or International Baccalaureate.|
This is a full-time four-year Bachelor of Science programme.
|Core Courses||56 AU|
Usually taken in Year 4.
|22 (12) AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core||17 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core||10 (15) AU|
|Required Second Major Courses and Second Major Electives||25 AU|
|Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)|
Can take BDEs offered by any School.
|12 (17) AU|
- This curriculum applies to students matriculating in 2021 or later.
Click here for the curricula for other matriculation years.
- AU figures in brackets (x) indicate the number of AU if the semester long internship is selected.
- Must read either Honours Project 1 (CM4080) or Professional Internship (CM4081).
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Business (International Trading)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Environmental Science