Safety is an integral part of life and work at the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. We are committed to ensuring that all research and educational activities are performed in a safe and proper way. This includes conducting safety training before beginning work in any laboratory or facility, ensuring that everyone is well-prepared to respond to an emergency, and ensuring that safety rules and regulations are followed at all times.
All staff, students, visitors and contractors are strictly required to comply with the safety rules and regulations established by the University and the School. Click on the links below to find out more.
For enquires about safety, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6537 8685.
In Case of Emergency
- Call NTU's 24H Emergency Hotline at 6790 5200
- Then call SPMS Safety (6537 8685) and SPMS Facilities (6537 8686)
- Do not call Campus Fault Report (6790 4777)
Covid-19 Safe Management Measures – What you need to know!
Click here for the latest updates, announcements and precautionary measures against Covid-19.
Each of us has a role to play in being socially responsible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. In the event if you plan to have any visitor coming to SPMS, please ensure your visitors complete the health declaration form prior to the visit.
SPMS Safety Moment
As part of continued improvement to our safety culture, SPMS has put in place a “Safety Moment” regime to improve our engagement with the community on health and safety matters. Click on the link below to visit the SPMS Safety Moment page.
Guide for New Users
Information and procedures before beginning work at a research laboratory or other workplace at SPMS.
In case of emergency, call NTU's 24h Emergency Hotline at 6790 5200. Learn more here.
Purchase of Controlled Items
Procedures for purchasing and handling controlled chemicals and equipment.
Risk assessments, which are mandated by law, allow us to manage risk at the workplace and mitigate incidents arising from work activities.
- NTU Office of Health, Safety and Emergency (OHSE) intranet site
- Workplace Safety & Health Council
- Workplace Safety & Health institute
- Singapore Statutes Online
Safety Matters Monthly Poster
- June 2021 Purchased of Controlled Items
- May 2021 Safe Use of Fume Cupboard
- Apr 2021 Contractor Safety Management
- Mar 2021 Emergency Equipment in SPMS
- Feb 2021 Cryogenic Safety
- Jan 2021 Electrical Safety
- Dec 2020 Chemical Safety Data Sheet
- Nov 2020 Chemical Storage
- Oct 2020 Fire Safety
- Ministry of Health (MOH) - Biosafety
- Ministry of Manpower (MOM) - Workplace Safety and Health
- National Environmental Agency (NEA)
- National Environmental Agency (NEA) - Radiation Safety
- Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)
- Singapore Customs - Chemical Weapons Convention Regulations
- Singapore Police Force (SPF) - Arms and Explosive License