Who are we?
We are the Research Practice-Policy-Group (RPPG). As our name suggests, our fundamental mission is to bridge the gap between educational research and practice through dissemination, engagement, partnerships, and implementation. We achieve this by fostering the exchange of information and expertise among researchers, practitioners and policy-makers.
Our range of responsibilities includes:
- Identifying robust, high-quality research and reliable evidence sources
- Brokering the relationships between research and non-research stakeholders
- Supporting our researchers in planning for achieving impactful outcomes
- Translating and disseminating research into plain language resources and practical methodologies that can be seamlessly integrated into schools
- Evaluating research translation efforts and initiatives, and tracking the research impact generated
- Enhancing stakeholders’ capacity to apply research knowledge in practical settings
Our work spans several projects, including:
- SingTeach: Our quarterly magazine, dedicated to education research, provides busy educators with readily accessible insights on educational hot topics through editorials, interviews, and plain language summaries.
- NIE Academic Journals: Asia Pacific Journal of Education, Learning: Research and Practice, Pedagogies: An International Journal
- Knowledge Translation and Impact: We provide consultation on planning for knowledge translation activities, and documenting impact case studies to showcase the work of researchers.
- Knowledge Synthesis: Our team gathers, synthesises and summarises existing and new literature to provide insights and recommendations to policymakers and practitioners.
- Knowledge Repository: Our in-house knowledge translation and research impact repository serves as a source of evidence for decision-makers and practitioners.
- Organising Events: We organise OER level research events, including NIE’s flagship biennial conference, Redesigning Pedagogy International Conference (RPIC), to facilitate the exchange of information.
- Social Media Outreach: We run the OER and SingTeach social media platforms to connect with members of the community.
For any inquiries or collaboration opportunities, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. We look forward to working together and creating a meaningful impact on education.