Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Biomaterial and Biomedical Devices
- Computational Materials Science
- Defence Materials
- Functional Materials and Composites
- Materials for Sustainability
- Nanoelectronics, Nanomaterials and Multiferroics
GRE requirements (validity of 5 years from date of application):
Minimum GRE Verbal Reasoning Measure (V) and Quantitative Reasoning Measure (Q) scores must be equivalent to or more than 149 for each category. Applicants with total GRE scores (V + Q) equivalent to or more than 319 are strongly encouraged to apply.
GATE requirements (validity of 3 years from date of application):
Minimum GATE percentile score must be equivalent to or more than 90%.
- M.Eng. - 9 Academic Units with an average grade of B- or CGPA of 3.0
2. Thesis & Oral Examination:
At the end of the programme, both Ph.D. and M.Eng. are required to write and submit a thesis, which will be examined by internal and external examiners. After which, students have to conduct an Oral Examination.
The following modules are offered under the MEng by research program.
- MS7001 - Materials Laboratory Techniques
- MS7014 - Mechanical Properties of Polymers, Biomaterials & Composites
- MS7025 - Biological and Bio-Inspired Materials
- MS7027 - Advanced Methods In Polymer Characterization
- MS7052 - Surface and Colloids
- MS7056 - Optical Materials
- MS7072 - Principles and Applications of Solid State NMR
- MS711M - History of Materials
- MS712M - Inorganic Materials
- MS713M - Organic Materials
- MS721M - Processing of Inorganic Materials
- MS722M - Processing and Processability of Organic Materials (Polymers)
- MS724M - Modelling of Materials
- MS731M - Chemical Analysis of Materials
- MS732M - Physical Analysis of Materials
- MS733M - Electron Microscopy of Materials
- MS734M - Crystal Chemistry of Materials
- MS741M - Nanomaterials
- MS742M - Biomaterials
- MS743M - Electronic Materials and Devices
- MS901 - Graduate Communication Course
- HWG702 - Small Group Teaching
- HWG703 - Graduate English
Please click here to view more detailed information of the postgraduate courses.