Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Biomaterial and Biomedical Devices
- Computational Materials Science
- Defence Materials
- Functional Materials and Composites
- Materials for Sustainability
- Nanoelectronics, Nanomaterials and Multiferroics
- Applicants from overseas universities must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd Upper Honours or better.
- Applicants from universities in China must have an average grade of 80 or above for the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants from universities in India must have 1st Class Honours for the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
All applicants from overseas universities must provide GRE and TOEFL scores. Applicants from India may use GATE to replace GRE. IELTS may be used in place of TOEFL.
- 600 for paper-based test
- 250 for computer-based test
- 100 for internet-based test
- M.Eng. - 9 Academic Units with an average grade of B- or CGPA of 3.0
2. Thesis & Oral Examination:
At the end of the programme, both Ph.D. and M.Eng. are required to write and submit a thesis, which will be examined by internal and external examiners. After which, students have to conduct an Oral Examination.
The following modules are offered under the MEng by research program.
- MS6001 - Materials Evolution and Innovation
- MS7001 - Materials Laboratory Techniques
- MS7014 - Mechanical Properties of Polymers, Biomaterials & Composites
- MS7025 - Biological and Bio-Inspired Materials
- MS7027 - Advanced Methods In Polymer Characterization
- MS7052 - Surface and Colloids
- MS7055 - Magnetic Materials
- MS7056 - Optical Materials
- MS7072 - Principles and Applications of Solid State NMR
- MS7073 - Introduction to Quantum Physics
- MS7074 - Designing Materials for Biomedical Engineering
- MS7110 - History of Materials
- MS7120 - Inorganic Materials
- MS7130 - Organic Materials
- MS7140 - Properties of Materials
- MS7210 - Processing of Inorganic Materials
- MS7220 - Processing and Processability of Organic Materials (Polymers)
- MS7240 - Modelling of Materials
- MS7310 - Chemical Analysis of Materials
- MS7320 - Physical Analysis of Materials
- MS7330 - Electron Microscopy of Materials
- MS7340 - Crystal Chemistry of Materials
- MS7410 - Nanomaterials
- MS7420 - Biomaterials
- MS7430 - Electronic Materials and Devices
- MS7440 - Environmental and Thermal Degradation of Polymeric Materials
- MS7450 - Advanced Topics in Biomaterials
Please click here to view more detailed information of the postgraduate courses.