Total Graduation Requirement: 30 AUs
|Minimum Candidature||Maximum Candidature|
|Part Time Study||2 years (4 semesters)||4 years (8 semesters)|
|Full Time Study||1 year (2 semesters)||3 years (6 semesters)|
Tuition Fees for Full-time students: S$34,000 per academic year
Tuition Fees for Part-time students: S$34,000 for two academic years
Payment Schedule (Full-time students)
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents / International Students||17,000||17,000|
Payment Schedule (Part-time students)
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents / International Students||8,500||8,500||8,500||8,500|
Government subsidy is no longer available for Coursework Programme. Students will be liable for full tuition fees.
For accepted applicants, please click here to pay the Acceptance Deposit of $5000 (non-refundable).
Master of Science Scholarships
You are eligible for Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering scholarship if you are a local or international student seeking admission as a full-time candidate pursuing a Master of Science programme at NTU. The maximum duration of the award is one year. The scholarships are renewable per semester, subject to satisfactory progress. Renewal of scholarship is subject to satisfactory periodic review. The scholarship will be terminated if the candidate is issued a warning or placed on probation.
The scholarship provides for:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
Interested candidates should indicate their interest as a separate sheet in their application for admission. You may also indicate any research experience you may have or any paper(s) that you may have published over the last 5 years and any awards or achievements to support the application for scholarship.
They are required to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship.
Please note of the following modules offered under Master of Science program.
- MS6001 - Materials Evolution and Innovation
- MS7001 - Materials Laboratory Techniques
- MS7014 - Mechanical Properties of Polymers, Biomaterials & Composites
- MS7025 - Biological and Bio-Inspired Materials
- MS7027 - Advanced Methods In Polymer Characterization
- MS7052 - Surface and Colloids
- MS7055 - Magnetic Materials
- MS7056 - Optical Materials
- MS7072 - Principles and Applications of Solid State NMR
- MS7073 - Introduction to Quantum Physics
- MS7074 - Designing Materials for Biomedical Engineering
- MS7110 - History of Materials
- MS7120 - Inorganic Materials
- MS7130 - Organic Materials
- MS7140 - Properties of Materials
- MS7210 - Processing of Inorganic Materials
- MS7220 - Processing and Processability of Organic Materials (Polymers)
- MS7240 - Modelling of Materials
- MS7310 - Chemical Analysis of Materials
- MS7320 - Physical Analysis of Materials
- MS7330 - Electron Microscopy of Materials
- MS7340 - Crystal Chemistry of Materials
- MS7410 - Nanomaterials
- MS7420 - Biomaterials
- MS7430 - Electronic Materials and Devices
- MS7440 - Environmental and Thermal Degradation of Polymeric Materials
- MS7450 - Advanced Topics in Biomaterials
Please click on the links below to access courses offered.
Please note that there is a maximum credits for course registration allowed per semester:
- Full time M.Sc. student could take maximum 15AUs of courses in each semester.
- Part time M.Sc. student could take maximum 9AUs of courses in each semester.
A coursework student with poor academic performance will be subjected to the following actions:
- Academic warning if TGPA < 2.50 in any term of study
- Termination of Candidature if TGPA < 2.50 for the second consecutive term of study.