The School of Materials Science & Engineering currently offers the following courses for Semester 1, Year 2022/2023:
- MS7001 - Materials Laboratory Techniques
- MS7014 - Mechanical Properties of Polymers, Biomaterials & Composites
- MS7025 - Biological and Bio-Inspired Materials
- MS7072 - Principles and Applications of Solid State NMR
- MS7074 - Designing Materials for Biomedical Engineering
- MS7130 - Organic Materials
- MS7140- Properties of Materials
- MS7210 - Processing of Inorganic Materials
- MS7240 - Modelling of Materials
- MS7310 - Chemical Analysis of Materials
- MS7320 - Physical Analysis of Materials
- MS7340 - Crystal Chemistry of Materials
- MS7420 - Biomaterials *
- MS7440 - Environmental and Thermal Degradation of Polymeric Materials
- MS7450 - Advanced Topics in Biomaterials
- MS8001 - Graduate Communication Course
- HWG702 - Small Group Teaching
- HWG703 - Graduate English
* Please note that MS7420 is the pre-requisite/co-requisite to register for MS7450. Students who do not fulfil this requirement will not be allowed to register for MS7450.
Note the following:
Note: for MS7130, MS7140, MS7210, MS7240, MS7310, MS7320, MS7340, MS7420, MS7440, MS7450, you may access the recorded lectures via NTULearn at your own convenience.
2) Please refer to the guide to access the ATLAS system for MS71xx/MS72xx/MS73xx/MS74xx courses in NTULearn.
|Course Code||Course Instructor/ Coordinator||AU||Course Period||Day||Time||Venue||Available for Master of Science?|
|MS7001||Assoc Prof Nripan Mathews||3|
30 Sep, 3 Oct, 10–11 Oct, 17–18 Oct, 25 Oct 2022
(Please refer to NTU email or NTULearn for more information)
|Mon to Fri||9am - 5pm||Lab 1,2,5|
|MS7014||Assoc Prof Terry Steele & Assoc Prof Dong Zhili||3||10 Aug 22 to 9 Nov 22||Wed||9.30am - 12.30 pm|
(N4.1 basement 2 room 2)
|MS7025||Prof Ali Miserez||3||11 Aug 22 to 10 Nov 22||Thu||1pm - 4pm|
Lecture Theatre 13
|MS7072||Vg Prof John Hanna||3||30 Aug 22 to 28 Sep 22||Please click here on the course schedule.||Yes|
|MS7074||Prof Teoh Swee Hin||3||12 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||Fri||1.30pm to 4.30pm||MSE E-Studio|
(N4.1 basement 2 room 2)
|MS7130||Assoc Prof Andrew Grimsdale||3||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7140||Prof Thirumany Sritharan||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7210 ||Dr Long Yi||3||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7240||Assoc Prof Zhao Yang||1||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7310||Dr Eileen Fong||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7320||Assoc Prof Oh Joo Tien||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7340||Prof Tim White||4||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7420||Dr Luciana Lisa Lao||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7440||Assoc Prof Aravind Dasari||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS7450||Dr Luciana Lisa Lao||2||8 Aug 22 to 11 Nov 22||-||Online||NTULearn||Yes|
|MS8001||Dr Chan Soon Keng & Mr Chang Tsung Han||3||10 Aug 22 to 9 Nov 22||Wed|
1pm to 4pm
|HWG702||HWG702 is compulsory for all full-time PhD students and students under the GRO scheme.||This requirement is NOT applicable to Master’s & Part-time PhD students.|
|HWG703||HWG703 is compulsory for all full-time PhD students. However, HWG703 may be exempted if you meet the exemption criteria.|
1. HWG702 and HWG703 - For full time Ph.D. students only. Students must pass both HWG702 and HWG703 before PhD Confirmation / Qualifying Exam (QE) in order to receive the Research Scholarship stipend increment. Students who are exempted for HWG703 are required to take and pass HWG702.
3. There are a number of classes with overlapping schedules. All students should check and ensure that the selected classes do not clash as this might affect your studies.
30 Sep, 3 Oct, 10 - 11 Oct, 17 - 18 Oct, 25 Oct 2022
Note: Students are required to attend all in-person lab sessions. Please refer to NTU email or NTULearn for more information.
CA1: 5 Oct 2022 (9:30am to 12:30pm, MSE E-Studio - N4.1-B2-02)
Exam: 18 Nov 2022 (2:30pm to 4:30pm, TBC)
CAs to be confirmed by course coordinator. Students who have registered for courses with CAs scheduled on Thursdays (1pm to 4pm) are advised not to register for MS7025.
Final Test: 28 Sep 2022 (1pm to 4pm, MSE E-Space - N4.1-B2-01)
CA1: 7 Oct 2022 (1:30pm to 4:30pm, LT16 - NS1-04-05)
Presentation: 4 Nov 2022 (1:30pm to 4:30pm, MSE E-Studio - N4.1-B2-02)
CA2: 11 Nov 2022 (1:30pm to 4:30pm, LT16 - NS1-04-05)
CA1: 15 Sep 2022 (5pm to 6pm, LT3 - NS4-02-32)
CA2: 27 Oct 2022 (5pm to 6pm, LT3 - NS4-02-32)
CA1: 31 Aug 2022 (3pm to 4pm, online via Zoom)
CA2: 12 Oct 2022 (3pm to 4pm, online via Zoom)
CA1: 9 Nov 2022 (2:30pm to 4pm, LT19 - N2-B2A-01)
CA1: 6 Oct 2022 (5:30pm to 6:30pm, LT11 - NS2-04-15)
CA2: 1 Nov 2022 (5:30pm to 6:30pm, LT7 - NS1-02-03)
CA1: 11 Nov 2022 (10:30am to 11:30am, online via NTULearn)
CA1: 16 Sep 2022 (3pm to 4pm, LT19A - LT19A-01-01)
CA2: 4 Nov 2022 (3pm to 4pm, LT19A - LT19A-01-01)
CA1: 1 Sep 2022 (3pm to 4pm, online via ATLAS)
CA2: 22 Sep 2022 (3pm to 4pm, online via ATLAS)
CA1: 6 Sep 2022 (11am to 12pm, online via NTULearn)
CA2: 4 Oct 2022 (11am to 12pm, online via NTULearn)
CA1: 3 Oct 2022 (3pm to 4pm, LT6 - NS2-02-05)
Exam: 21 Nov 2022 (1pm to 3pm, TBC)
CA1: 8 Nov 2022 (11am to 12pm, online via NTULearn)
Course Registration for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Engineering (MEng) & Master of Science (Materials Science and Engineering)
(Please note that this period is applicable for new students and existing students who have missed the registration or were unsuccessful during Registration Period 1.)
For Master of Science students, please note that there is a maximum credits for course registration allowed per semester:
- Full time M.Sc. student could take maximum 15AUs of courses in each semester.
- Part time M.Sc. student could take maximum 9AUs of courses in each semester.
- The students can no longer log in to GSLink to access the graduate course registration system (GSlink > Academic > Course Registration) via the usual way. You are supposed to access it via the Student Intranet Portal (under Course Registration) which was recently launched by the University.
- Please refer to this link https://ts.ntu.edu.sg/sites/intranet/dept/sasd/oas/Pages/CourseRegistration/course-registration.aspx
- You will need to click on the highlighted “Graduate Students Course Registration System”.
For the mentioned below: [Applicable for Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) & Master of Engineering (MEng) ONLY]
If further clarifications are required, please email or call: