An interdisciplinary programme combining chemistry knowledge with the skills needed for enterprise and innovation.
With the goal to prepare NTU graduates to impact the world and its grand challenges, the new Second Major in Entrepreneurship (SMiE) is introduced, in partnership with the NTU Entrepreneurship Academy and Nanyang Business School, to:
- Equip students with fundamental entrepreneurship competency and broaden their understanding in enterprise and innovation.
- Inculcate an entrepreneurial mindset to deal with uncertainties in a VUCA* world and be the drivers of technology innovation.
- Seize the opportunities from new technologies with special emphasis on technopreneurship.
- Expand their network and be part of the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Provide them with hands-on experience in technopreneurship through experiential learning and a 20-week local/overseas internship with startups, venture capital firms, or other entrepreneurship-related organisations.
* Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity.
A unique feature of the SMiE curricula is the emphasis on experiential exposure and learning where students will be placed in an interactive learning environment in the form of team-based projects, real-life simulations, role-playing and practical experiences. Lessons will be conducted by business leaders, entrepreneurs, intellectual property lawyers in addition to dedicated academics. Students will be guided to identify when and how to seize opportunities that come with change. There will be many networking and social settings for students to meet professionals and successful entrepreneurs. Students are expected to be immersed extensively in the entrepreneurship eco-system and to interact with the entrepreneurs, business incubators, venture financiers as well as reach out to potential clients.
Minimum Subject Requirements
|Qualification||Minimum Subject Requirements|
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level||H2 Level pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Polytechnic Diploma||Relevant diploma. Click here for more information.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at Higher Level.|
|NUS High School Diploma||Major CAP of 2.0 in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Others (including international applicants)||A good grade in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at the senior high school level, equivalent to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level or International Baccalaureate.|
This is a full-time four-year Bachelor of Science programme.
|Core Courses||56 AU|
Usually taken in Year 4.
|22 (12) AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core||17 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core||15 AU|
|Second Major Courses||25 AU|
|Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)|
Can take BDEs offered by any School.
|0 (7) AU|
|Total||135 (132) AU|
- This curriculum applies to students matriculating in 2022 onward.
- AU figures in brackets (x) indicate the number of AU if the student choose not to read Honours Project 1 (CM4080)
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Food Science and Technology