An interdisciplinary programme combining chemistry knowledge with the skills needed for management, business, and international trading.
This unique programme is run by the School of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CCEB) in partnership with the Nanyang Business School (NBS) and the Center of Excellence in International Trading (CEIT).
Singapore is the seventh largest exporter of chemicals in the world, and the chemical industry contributes almost one-third of Singapore total manufacturing output each year. There is strong demand for local chemistry graduates who are also equipped with industry-relevant business knowledge.
This unique degree programme provides graduates with a solid training in the principles and methods of chemistry, along with important skills and knowledge in management, business, and international trading. Our graduates are uniquely positioned for executive roles in the chemical industry in Singapore and around the world.
Students in this programme will take courses at NBS such as Accounting, Management, Marketing, Business Operations and Processes, Commodity Markets, Commodity Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and International Tax and Trading Law. They will also participate in overseas programs organized by CEIT to learn about how the chemical industry operates globally.
Minimum Subject Requirements
|Qualification||Minimum Subject Requirements|
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level||H2 Level pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Polytechnic Diploma||Relevant diploma. Click here for more information.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at Higher Level.|
|NUS High School Diploma||Major CAP of 2.0 in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Others (including international applicants)||A good grade in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at the senior high school level, equivalent to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level or International Baccalaureate.|
This is a full-time four-year Bachelor of Science programme.
|Core Courses||63 AU|
Usually taken in Year 4.
|22 (12) AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core||17 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core||10 (15) AU|
|Second Major Courses||31 AU|
|Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)|
Can take BDEs offered by any School.
|4 (9) AU|
- This curriculum applies to students matriculating in 2021 onward.
Click here for the curricula for other matriculation years.
- AU figures in brackets (x) indicate the number of AU if the semester long internship is selected.
- Must read either Honours Project 1 (CM4080) or Professional Internship (CM4081).
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
- Students must receive a minimum grade of B+ for AB1201 Financial Management, and have completed at least 25 AU at the end of the first year of study, to be eligible to continue with this Second Major programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Food Science and Technology