The MSc Business Analytics (MSBA) equips participants to excel in the domain of business analytics.
The curriculum imparts a strong business sense through the teaching of business strategy and the tools to appreciate the insights from the analysis of data through courses such as AI and Big Data in Business and Data Management and Visualisation. The learning for this programme adopts a very hands-on approach, with two projects allowing participants to apply classroom knowledge to real-world business situations.
For full programme details, please refer to MSc Business Analytics.
Our MSBA programme is designed to close the gap between technical and business know-how for more effective use of data in business organisations, whether in the area of management, accounting, marketing, finance, communications, or administration.
You will learn about Artificial Intelligence, Automation, Blockchain, and other domainknowledge that is relevant for the future. These emerging areas are increasingly shaping industries and becoming the main drivers of business growth. They enable businesses to better utilise their limited resources and be in a position to seize new opportunities.
INDUSTRY RELEVANCE AND EXPOSURE
Our curriculum is designed in close consultation with industry partners to reflect business demands and needs. You will have access to actual data and company internship opportunities that allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom to a real-world setting. Such valuable industry exposure will boost your understanding of the nature of the work in business analytics and help put you in a strong position for a future career in this field.
DEEP CROSS-DISCIPLINARY LEARNING
Applicants who wish to apply to the MSc Business Analytics are required to meet the minimum admission requirements below:
- A good Bachelor's degree from any discipline
- A good GMAT/GRE score
- TOEFL/IELTS for applicants whose first degree was taught in a language other than English
- Work experience is a plus but not required
The institutional code for the following tests are:
Both full and part-time programmes will start in July.
- Round 1: 30 November
- Round 2: 31 January
- Round 3: 31 March
S$55,640 (inclusive of GST)
Our highly flexible programme allows you to study on a full-time basis (for one year) or part-time (for two years), completing the following modules:
- Eleven core modules and four half electives
In order to graduate, you must complete 36 academic units:
- Full Course: 3 Academic Units
- Half Course: 1.5 Academic Units
All our courses are conducted in English. Our classes are held during weekday evenings and/or on Saturday at the picturesque NTU main campus in Jurong West.
- Data Management and Visualisation
- Analytics and Machine Learning in Business
- AI and Big Data in Business
- Analytics Strategy
- Data Analytics Practicum
- Programming Essentials
- Foundation of Statistical Analysis
- Advanced Database Management
- Advanced Programming
- Storytelling Through Data Visualisation
- Time Series for Business Analytics
- AI with Advanced Predictive Techniques in Finance
- Design Thinking & Technology Management
- Data Analytics for Credit and Related Risk
- Insurance Analytics
- Information Systems & ERP (SAP)
- Machine Learning Methodology
- Blockchain for Business
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Operations Analytics
All Core Modules and Electives might be subject to changes.