An interdisciplinary programme combining chemistry knowledge with the skills needed for sustainability .
We live in a time of large-scale challenges, where climate change, deforestation, biodiversity loss and ocean acidification are no longer only considered from an environmental perspective, but also in terms of social justice, economic development, technological adaptation, and political will. The survival of our growing population depends on the natural resources we continue to overexploit, but there is increasing awareness on how the concept of sustainability strives to address this. By understanding how our environment, economy and society interact, applying this to technological innovation and communicating readily with decision makers, we can maintain the health of our world for the benefit of current and future generations.
Minimum Subject Requirements
|Qualification||Minimum Subject Requirements|
|Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level||H2 Level pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Polytechnic Diploma||Relevant diploma. Click here for more information.|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at Higher Level.|
|NUS High School Diploma||Major CAP of 2.0 in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.|
|Others (including international applicants)||A good grade in Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics at the senior high school level, equivalent to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level or International Baccalaureate.|
This is a full-time four-year Bachelor of Science programme.
|Core Courses||56 AU|
Usually taken in Year 4.
|22 (12) AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Common Core||17 AU|
|Interdisciplinary Collaborative Core: Foundational Core||10 (15) AU|
|Second Major Courses||30 AU|
|Broadening and Deepening Electives (BDE)|
Can take BDEs offered by any School.
|4 (9) AU|
- This curriculum applies to students matriculating in 2022 onward.
- AU figures in brackets (x) indicate the number of AU if the semester long internship is selected.
- Must read either Honours Project 1 (CM4080) or Professional Internship (CM4081).
- A grade of A- or better in the Final Year Project is required to be eligible for Honours (Highest Distinction).
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biological Chemistry with Second Major in Food Science and Technology