Study In Singapore And Japan To Earn Two Prestigious MBAs
Your interests and goals may span more than one area of expertise. Thus, Nanyang Business School (NBS) has collaborated with Waseda Business school (WBS) on a double MBA programme to allow you to study with a dual focus on both global business and management of technology. It also enables you to gain exposure to business practices and an understanding of industries in both South East Asia and North Asia.
Combining the strength of two of the top business schools in Asia, the Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA is a 14-month programme that starts in Singapore and ends in Tokyo. This duality leads to a rich and valuable academic experience.
The full-time programme is taught in English and successful candidates will undergo the core modules offered by NBS across the first 2 trimesters. They will then join the international class at WBS during the third and final trimester, with the option to pursue additional classes whilst there.
* Please note that Nanyang Waseda Double MBA students will not participate in BSM, SPAN and overseas summer and exchange programmes.
WBS was established in 1998 to provide graduate and undergraduate business education. It is part of the century old Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan and consistently appears as one of the top-ranked business schools in Asia and the world.
Learn more about WBS here.
|Nanyang Business School||Waseda Business School|
These eight core courses are designed to equip you with strong foundational knowledge and analytical tools essential for business and general management.
The courses are taught in English by both Nanyang and Waseda professors in Singapore.
At Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA, it’s not just about diversity, teamwork and leadership. The programme recognises that the ability to work in teams and to lead them has become a pre-requisite for success in today’s highly integrated and global business environment.
The Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA programme prepares you to work as team members and leaders in today’s rapidly changing environment. The following are some of the methodologies and pedagogies participants experience in the programme:
- Case analysis, often undertaken in groups, provide opportunities for group projects and presentations.
- Simulations, where teams compete with each other, challenging participants to apply concepts to real-world problems.
- Comprehensive Curriculum offerings on leadership, communication and change management which emphasises the importance of effective leadership.
- Seminars and guest presentations by prominent business and industry leaders provide salient examples of effective leadership and providing the latest and more relevant insights from the industry.
- Business Plan Competitions, where teams compete for the right to represent the school at international competition events and pitch their ideas against other business schools and hone their skills to attract future investors.
The Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA Experience Will Enable You To:
- Delve deeper into an issue, while equipping you with the breadth in knowledge.
- Develop the skills to successfully embrace any business challenge or opportunity
- Gain the confidence to perform in situations where there are no set guidelines – and that is what makes a great and successful leader.
Nanyang-Waseda Double MBA - Academic Calendar for Academic Year 2021/2022
26 July 2021 - 22 October 2021 (13 weeks)
[Recess: 25 October 2021 - 5 November 2021 (2 weeks)]
|Special Term||1 November 2021 - 5 November 2021|
|Trimester 2, 1st half|
8 November 2021 - 17 December 2021 (6 weeks)
[Recess: 20 December 2021- 31 December 2021 (2 weeks)]
|Trimester 2, 2nd half|
3 January 2022 - 18 February 2022 (7 weeks)
[Recess: 21 February 2022 - 25 February 2022 (1 week)]
|Trimester 3||April 2022 to August 2022: Immersion in Waseda University, Japan|
For enquiries, please send an email to [email protected].
"My main takeaway from the Double MBA is the flexibility of thought and the humility to recognise that multiple perspectives exist. It’s not necessarily about which perspective is right or wrong. It’s just different, and we have to learn to respect that." Leo Tan also added that, the opportunity to mix around with international classmates from all over the world has immensely expanded his horizons.
For the full article of Leo’s experience, click here.
Leo Tan (Singapore)
Class of 2018
Operations Deal Manager, Microsoft Japan
"The Waseda-Nanyang Double MBA program has given me the invaluable opportunity to experience excellent academic rigor at two very esteemed institutions in Japan and Singapore. Not only have I learned much from the various company visits and business case competitions, the interactions with classmates from diverse cultures and backgrounds have also expanded my world view and given me many new and fresh perspectives. These insightful and eye-opening experiences will help to equip me with the essential skills and knowledge that will compliment my future career, and that is in addition to the life-long friendships that I have been able to make during the program."
Bhavitta Vanichprasertporn (Thailand)
Class of 2018