Management Development Programme @ Nanyang is designed to equip high-potential managers with general management capabilities, leadership skills and increased self and team awareness so they are better prepared for senior leadership positions in their organisations. The intensive nine-day programme comprises three core pillars – Strategy, Business and People.
- The Strategy Pillar provide executives with tools and frameworks to better understand key dynamics affecting organisational performance and help them think more strategically to formulate and execute better strategies. Participants will also be encouraged to view their role in the context of corporate strategy and growth goals, so that they can better align their own daily priorities with the strategic goals and mission of the organisation.
- The Business Pillar will equip executives with essential management skills and concepts of key business functions, while providing an overview of disruptive technology (e.g. AI, blockchain) on today's business models. They will gain a better understanding of the business model canvas and cultivate an innovative mindset to drive sustainable growth and profitability.
- The People Pillar designed to help executives increase their self and team awareness, so that they can build and inspire high performing team to achieve superior results. As managers advance in their career, they need to complement their functional skills with the ability to coach and integrate the efforts of others. They will also need to develop leadership competencies to motivate team members to embrace and support organisational change.
Develop a strategic and innovation mindset
Lead, empower and inspire
Drive performance & achieve sustainable growth
The programme will help participants develop an integrated view of general management, sharpen their business accumen and hone their strategic thinking and leadership skills. Here are some key takeaways:
- Develop a strategic and innovation mind-set to drive organisational transformation and growth
- Learn to see the “big picture” and develop a deeper understanding of cross-functional dynamics to make better decisions
- Be armed with practical problem solving skills, tools and frameworks for various functional areas (marketing, finance, operations and human resources)
- Get to know yourself and your team members better in order to empower and align teams around strategic goals
- Lead, coach, and motivate co-workers to achieve greater work efficiency and breakthrough in team performance
- Interact, network and share real-world insights with multidisciplinary knowledge experts and other talented participants in class
Experienced middle-level executives, managers and functional specialists across industries who are prospects for more senior leadership positions, or those looking to further enhance their leadership skills. Typical participants include, but are not limited to:
- Heads of departments
- Assistant/Associate Directors
- Senior Specialists
|- Strategic Management|
- Business Analytics for Strategic Decisions
|- Strategic Marketing|
- Business Finance
- Technology and Business Model Innovation
|- Powering Self & Team Performance|
- Change Management
|Capstone Simulation Module (1 Day)||An interactive group-based competition where participants apply the concepts learned in the Strategy and Business Pillars|
Participants may choose to stagger the programme by enrolling in the Strategy, Business and People Pillar in different cohort. They are given one year to complete the programme.
-Registration for the Business Simulation Module is only open to participants who have completed the Strategy, Business and People Pillars.
For more details of the curriculum and learning outcomes, please email email@example.com.
|Full Programme||15 - 25 November 2021 (FULLY SUBSCRIBED)|
15 - 25 February 2022
NTU@one-north, Executive Centre.
Address: 11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Road), Singapore 138664
MRT: Buona Vista Station (Exit D)
Nanyang Executive Education reserves the right to change the date, venue and mode of delivery due to unforeseen circumstances or prevailing government advisory.
|Duration||Fees in SGD (before GST)|
|Full Programme||9 Days||$9,680|
|Strategy Pillar||3 Days||$3,700|
|Business Pillar||3 Days||$3,700|
|People Pillar||2 Days||$2,600|
The fees quoted above are before GST. The usual 7% GST applies.
|Early bird||10%||Registration has to be submitted 45 days or earlier, prior to the start of the programme.|
|Group||15%||Minimum of three participants from the same organisation registering for the programme.|
|NTU alumni||20%||Please indicate your alumni status in your registration, and we will advise and confirm on your eligibility.|
Singapore Citizens, aged 25 and above, and self-sponsored, may use their SkillsFuture Credit to defray part of the net course fee. Participants can submit their SkillsFuture Credit claims by logging in MySkillfuture.sg. Please click here for “How do I submit a claim for Skillsfuture credit?” and other FAQs.
All requests for cancellation, postponement of participation and substitution must be submitted in writing.
|Notice Period||Refund Amount|
|14 days or less||No refund|
|15 days to 44 days||50% refund|
|45 days or more||100% refund|
Should there be a substitution of participants, assigned substitute participants must be suitably qualified to replace participants who are unable to attend. Should a participant reschedule to a later class which has a new expanded curriculum and fee structure. The new fee shall apply and the participant will have to top up the difference.
"Thank you to all the professors and highly talented peers! This programme has helped me explore and articulate the strategic and analytical aspects of a project and look at problems from both the operational and strategic perspectives.
The subjects discussed are intense at times but the professors just made it so simple to understand and relevant that I can immediately apply some of the concepts learnt at work."
Vice President, Corporate Risk, Wells Fargo Bank
"The 9-day MDP Programme has provided me a very comprehensive overview of the business and people management skills in the organizational context.
I really enjoyed the course and have certainly benefited greatly not only from the executive tools taught in the class, but also the interaction with fellow executives and multidisciplinary faculty by sharing experience and knowledge."
Dr. Fang Xiaoqin
Senior Manager, Technology Development & Commercialization, Singapore Eye Research Institute
"The MDP has exceeded my expectations and I have truly gained much insight from all the professors who had been most willing to share."
Deputy Director, Energy Market Authority
"The Management Development Programme has given me another avenue for networking outside my industry and these conversations have given me new perspectives that relate both directly and indirectly to my job. The lectures during the modules are also very practical and I could put the ideas into use almost immediately in my teams and projects (I dropped an email to my team immediately during one of the lectures!).
This 9-day course has greatly exceeded what I thought I would have gained and I would recommend it to anyone leading or is looking to lead a team."
Chua Woon Pin
Associate Director, Singapore Exchange
Buen Sin is the Associate Dean and the Professor of Finance at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. He was formerly the Dire ...
Associate Dean (China Programmes & Executive Education), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Associate Dean (China Programmes), College of Business (NBS)
Associate Dean (Executive Education), College of Business (NBS)
Keywords: Financial Engineering & Risk Management
Dr Boh Wai Fong is Professor of Information Systems at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. She received ...
Deputy Dean, College of Business & Head, Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Information Technology & Operations Management
Deputy Dean, College of Business (NBS), College of Business (NBS)
Director, IMARC, Information Management Research Centre (IMARC)
Head, Division of Information Technology and Operations Management, College of Business (NBS)
Keywords: Business and Management | Info-Communication Technology
Kim Huat is the Academic Director for the Nanyang MBA program, Deputy Chair of NTU Senate, and Senior Editor for the Journal of the Association for In ...
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Information Technology & Operations Management
Keywords: Business and Management | Economics | Info-Communication Technology | Internet & Communications | Science, Technology and Society.
You may also be interested in:
Mergers and Acquisitions
This interactive programme aims to provide participants a practical, end-to-end understanding of the whole merger and acquisition (M&A) value chain.
Nanyang Enterprise Risk Management
ERM and business continuity management (BCM) are essential for managing risks, creating value and maintaining the long-term growth and sustainability.