The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) organised the ACU Summer School 2021 in partnership with TaTa Institute of Social Sciences. The event boasts a highly interactive,
two-week programme covering a range of interesting topics, taking place on the 2-13 August 2021.
- Learn about urban disasters and concepts of disaster vulnerability, risk, and resilience
- From the impact of COVID-19 on international policies, to global urbanisation challenges, delegates will reflect on a range of topics to explore community-based initiatives and the potential for collaborative governance.
- Delegates can expect:
- Lectures by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
- A chance to learn about the history and culture of Mumbai.
Open to post-graduate or final year undergraduate students, the event will provide opportunities for
cross cultural learning, skills development and engaging group project work. The event is free to
attend but participants will be selected as part of a competitive selection process.
More information and application details can be found here. Application deadline: 14 April at 16:00 UTC + 1.
The 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS4) is a fully-funded 10-month leadership programme: to train, lead and act on “Sustainable Development in a post-COVID19 world”.
- When: From 22 February 2021 to end of November 2021
- Where: Virtually, in Cambodia and across ASEM countries
- Who: ASEM Youth aged 18-30
- Receive a certified course on the Sustainable Development Goals and Leadership, by world-leading Higher Education and training institutions, the College of Europe in Natolin, and the Center for Creative Leadership.
Applications for the 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit must be submitted on their website by 3 February 2021. The overview, programme and FAQs documents have been attached to this email for your easy reference. Further information can be found here.
Imperial College Business School calls on postgraduate students from across the world to enter the Climate Investment Challenge to develop and describe creative financial solutions and innovations to tackle climate change. This could be identifying untapped climate finance opportunities, developing innovative financial structures, or instruments that improve the bankability of climate investments.
- Target areas include Energy, Agriculture, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Transportation and Industry.
- The winning and runner-up teams will be awarded £10,000 and £50,000 respectively.
- Students enrolled in a postgraduate degree (Masters, MBA or PhD-level) at the time of the submission.
- The challenge is open globally to students from all academic backgrounds. Undergraduate students may participate as long as the leader of the group is enrolled in a postgraduate degree.
- Students will have to form teams of 2 to 5 members.
Application for Climate Investment Challenge must be submitted through their website by 21 February 2021. Further information can be found here.
The 11th edition of Merck Innovation Cup 2021 is a one-week Summer Camp for 30 selected postgraduate students to attend in-depth presentations about the pharmaceutical and chemical industry near Frankfurt, Germany. In case the pandemic situation would not allow in-person meetings, the event would take place online.
- One-week summer camp: 26 June – 2 July 2021
- All travel, food and accommodation expenses are paid by Merck.
- Selected top performing participants could get an offer for a permanent employment at Merck.
- A EUR 20,000 prize will be awarded to the team that presents the most convincing business plan, plus EUR 5,000 for the runner-up.
- Sciences: Postgraduate students in natural sciences (Biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, biotech, bioinformatics, biochemistry, pharmacy, informatics, computer science, data science, engineering, or related fields).
- Business: Advanced MBA students or recent MBA graduates with an interest in pharmaceutical, chemical or digital business.
The Hong Kong Laureate Forum 2021
- Undergraduates, postgraduates and PhD graduates who are aged 35 or below and studying or conducting research in Astronomy, Life Science and Medicine, Mathematical Sciences or other closely related subjects.
- Only 200 outstanding young scientists will be selected to join the inaugural Hong Kong Laureate Forum.
Applications for inaugural Hong Kong Laureate Forum 2021 must be submitted no later than 13 December 2020. Further information on the forum can be found here.