To help organisations structure winning deals, the 4-day interactive programme aims to provide participants a practical, end-to-end understanding of the whole merger and acquisition (M&A) value chain. Through a series of real local and Western case studies and small group discussions, participants will explore the reasons and motivations for M&A, and examine the various strategic considerations including business plan, valuation, deal structuring, financing, negotiation and implementation issues associated with M&A. Post-merger integration and cross border acquisitions will also be discussed.
Understand the strategic considerations and issues involved
Learn to structure, negotiate and implement winning deals
Increase shareholder value through skillfully managed M&A
Click here to find out more about the programme dates, fees and funding details
At the end of the programme, participants will gain an understanding of:
- The role of M&A as a legitimate activity in any entity’s corporate strategy and growth policy.
- The processes involved in M&A, including target identification, due diligence, negotiation and implementation.
- Common tools and techniques in valuation including estimation of synergies and determination of premium.
- Deal structuring, financing options, including method of payments.
- Specific issues in corporate restructuring, private equity and leverage buyouts, cross-border acquisitions and post-merger integration.
The 4-day programme will be staggered over 2 weeks (2 days per week) to minimise disruption from work and to allow more time for pre-reading and case analysis.
Pre-course reading materials will be provided to help you get up to speed so you can participate actively and benefit more from the programme.