Learning Technologies and Digital Media (LTDM)
Teaching & Learning Experiences
Every digital learning design created in NTU is driven with the emphasis on student engagement. With this in mind, both the Virtual Adaptive & Distribution Learning Model (VADL) and NTULearn Ecosystem are vital to the delivery of learning solutions for learners.
The multi-dimensional mix of the VADL model allows us to cater to different demands of today’s learners and the change in learning landscape. Together with the NTULearn ecosystem, both are anchors to demonstrate the NTU Smart Campus vision to harness digital and technology enhanced solutions for higher education; enabling tailored hybrid learning, time efficiency, and empowering learners to construct and build upon existing knowledge – for there lies the true power of learning.
NTULearn, powered by Blackboard Learn, is the learning management system that hosts most of the NTU courses. It provides various communication and collaborative tools such as Announcements, Send Email, Discussion Board, Blogs, and Wikis to facilitate online teaching and learning. It also includes a comprehensive list of assignment and assessment tools such as Tests, Surveys, Assignments and Self and Peer Assessments which instructors can use to assess students' learning.
The NTULearn Ecosystem also comprises of other integrated learning systems and applications to foster an interactive and participative learning environment.
- Learning Activity Management System (LAMS) for creating self-directed interactive learning activities
- NTULearnVideo for creating and managing video content and assignments
- Turnitin and iThenticate for checking the originality of academic writings
- Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor for proctoring secured online test sessions
- eUreka for assessing self and peer learning with assessment rubrics
- Wooclap for polling questions in face-to-face or online presentations
LTDM offers teaching and learning digital solutions that are in line with NTU Education 2025 to develop the 3C’s (Cognitive agility, Character and Competence) in students, and aligns strategic directions and initiatives so as to deliver the best outcomes to enable a great global university.
Over the years, LTDM has worked with a variety of stakeholders within the NTU community to introduce technologies to enhance students’ learning as well as provide general media support.
LTDM serves the NTU community by providing end-to-end solutions for teaching and learning, as well as media support. Our suite of services include:
- design and development of learning courseware,
- operation and support of learning solutions and AR&VR solutions, and
- implementation of learning technologies and digital media, including web learning, events and media production, web publishing and social media.
To facilitate all our services, we have a pool of talented staff comprising Learning Designers, Multimedia Specialists, Video specialists, System Management and Support team, and Events and media support team.
For enquiries, please contact us at [email protected]