A vision into the appearance and fundamental causes of rolling bearings failure modes. This training provides bearings users with the necessary skills to examine, assess and recognize common bearing failure modes.
Cetim, the leading French Technical Centre for Mechanical Industry, was established in 1965 to support innovation and competitiveness of engineering companies through its multidisciplinary expertise and unique R&D capabilities.
In Asia Pacific, CETIM-Matcor, a forward-looking company, is specialized in the field of Material & Corrosion Assessment, Failure Analysis & Forensic Investigation and Mechanical Power Transmission.
Jointly with NTU, CETIM-Matcor will conduct advanced engineering courses for engineers who will like to understand and learn in depth knowledge from our experience trainers with vast industrial and field experience. Courses are largely focused on Corrosion Engineering and Failures Analysis in areas such as Pressurized Equipment, Shafts, Gears & Bearings as well as Forensic Engineering Investigation.
The training provides participants with:
- Understating of normal and abnormal wear patterns of bearings.
- Recognition of bearing failure caused by misalignment, unbalance, incorrect bearing applications, incorrect installation;
- Understanding why and how bearings fail in operation.
- ISO Standards
- Key principles in ISO Standards
- Members (how to get involved), Technical Committees and Working Groups
- The different type of ISO publications
- Bearings - General considerations
- Overview and Vocabulary
- Main types of bearings
- Types of bearing cages
- Protection and Sealing
- Bearings assembly and Lubrication
- Bearings - Typical deteriorations
- Terms and definitions - ISO 15243
- Classification of failure modes in rolling bearings
- Failure modes:
- Rolling contact fatigue
- Electrical erosion
- Plastic deformation
- Cracking and fracture
- Case studies (a chance to test your failure recognition skills).
Applicants should possess a Diploma or Degree with Engineering.
Standard Course Fee: S$963.00
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
|Cat-A SSG Funded Courses||S$333.00|
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)||S$153.00|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||S$153.00|
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Mr Robert Shandro
Mr Robert SHANDRO
Principal Consultant with CETIM - MATCOR in the field of mechanical, power transmissions and materials engineering. A Specialist in failure investigation, forensic engineering and condition assessment with more than 30 years of consulting experience in Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, Shipbuilding and Public Works. Involved in close to 2,500 failure analysis and consulting services for litigation.
Member of French delegation for ISO TC60 (Technical Committee), Expert in load capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of materials for gears.
Areas of Expertise
• Failure analysis of a wide range of mechanical equipment/components and structural facilities
• Design, verification and failure analysis on mechanical power transmission components
• Condition and remnant life assessment of mechanical power transmission