Controller design and implementation are essential for all control systems. It is therefore important to learn some fundamental design approaches and implementation schemes. The objectives include equipping learners with such methodologies. Topics such as optimal control design in state space, digital implementation of analog controller design, frequency domain design, direct control design based on pulse transfer function and implementation aspects will be covered.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation
- FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation
Date(s): 11 to 25 Mar 2023
Time: 11, 18 & 25 March 2023 / 9.30am - 5.30pm
Venue: NTU Main Campus
Registration Closing Date: 25 Feb 2023
Upon completion, learners should:
1. Understand the principle of linear optimal control and the solution of the discrete Riccati equation;
2. Able to design an optimal controller that optimises a given performance objective function;
3. Able to design controllers based on digitization method, frequency domain approach and direct technique and;
4. Know how to implement digital controllers.
The discrete maximum (minimum) principle. Linear quadratic control. Dynamic programming. The solution of the discrete Riccati equation. Digitization technique. Direct technique. Lead compensation. Lag compensation. Laglead compensation. Frequency-response
characteristics. Deadbeat response. Implementation aspects. Programming. Realization.
Automation Engineers for upgrading and Engineers who wish to switch to the automation field.
Learners must take CET716 State-Space Design Methods before attempting this course.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET715 Discrete Time System Modelling and Analysis||1|
|CET716 State-Space Design Methods||1|
|CET718 Linear and Nonlinear Programming||1|
|CET719 Random Processes and Queuing Models||1|
|CET720 Decision Analysis||1|
|CET721 Robot Kinematics||1|
|CET722 Robot Control||1|
|CET723 Robotic Sensing and Sensors||1|
|CET724 Image Processing for Vision||1|
|CET725 Pattern Recognition and Stereo Vision||1|
|CET726 Three-dimensional computer vision||1|
|CET727 Process modelling||1|
|CET728 Model predictive control||1|
|CET729 Multivariable process control||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation (total 15AUs)
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved