Practically all control systems that are implemented today are based on computer control. It is therefore important to understand computer-controlled systems well. The purpose of the subject is to provide a thorough fundamentals required for understanding, analyzing and designing of computer-controlled systems.
This course is part of:
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation
- FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation
Upon completion, learners should:
1. Understand and apply specific fundamentals required to model computer-controlled systems in the Z-domain;
2. Analyse system stability and;
Introduction, Sampling process, Z-transform and its properties, Inverse Z-transform, Modelling of digital control systems, Pulse transfer functions, Mapping between S- and Z-domains, System stability, Steady-state error analysis for stable systems.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,620
SSG Funding Support
Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes
Fee BEFORE funding & GST
Fee AFTER funding & 8% GST
Singapore Citizens (SCs) and Permanent Residents (PRs) (Up to 70% funding)
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
SCs aged ≥ 40 years old
• NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET716 State-Space Design Methods||1|
|CET717 Optimal Control, Design and Implementation of Digital Controllers||1|
|CET718 Linear and Nonlinear Programming||1|
|CET719 Random Processes and Queuing Models||1|
|CET720 Decision Analysis||1|
|CET721 Robot Kinematics||1|
|CET722 Robot Control||1|
|CET723 Robotic Sensing and Sensors||1|
|CET724 Image Processing for Vision||1|
|CET725 Pattern Recognition and Stereo Vision||1|
|CET726 Three-dimensional computer vision||1|
|CET727 Process modelling||1|
|CET728 Model predictive control||1|
|CET729 Multivariable process control||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Computer Control and Automation (total 9AUs) and FlexiMasters in Computer Control and Automation (total 15AUs).
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.