Overseas Exchange Programmes allow students to read courses and/or to work overseas. Earned academic units will be counted towards graduation requirements. The benefits of such programmes include the nourishment of the learning experience of students through the following ways:
- experience of an international education
- developing global perspectives
- cultural immersion
- facilitates any learning of foreign languages
- networking opportunities
Overseas Exchange Programmes Briefing 2023 (pdf)
Course Matching and Credit Transfer Criteria (pdf)
MAE Exchange Criteria (pdf)DownloadMAE Exchange Criteria (86 KB)
The following course matching will not approved by MAE:
- EG0001 Engineers and Society
- Approval will not be given to course matching for courses not listed on BRC Course Lising even if it was previously approved in Coursefinder. For instance, MA4877 Spaceflight Dynamics and Control.
-With effect from Summer 2020, HW0188 Engineering Communication I and HW0288 Engineering Communication II will not be allowed to take during overseas exchange/ summer studies.
Please note the following time for each finalization purpose:
- Students must submit the AU Projection list within the deadline mentioned on the E-Notification.
- Finalization of AU projection only after you confirm all your registered courses at the host university. You can only submit this once.
- Submit credit transfer after you receive your official transcript (with University’s seal and signature)
|Minimum CGPA||Year of Study||Other Criteria|
|Semester Exchange||GEM Explorer||3.3||Priority is given to Singaporeans, followed by SPR and international students|
|GEM Discoverer (Work & Study)||2.5||Year 3 standing||To pass all required interviews by School and/or company Proficient in Chinese language (for Work and Study in China)|
|GEM Explorer (Research Attachment)||3.5||Year 3 standing||Subject to availability of projects|
|Overseas Attachment Programme||N.A.||Year 3 standing||To meet all pre-requisites for attachment|
|SUSEP||3.5||||Students must have completed one semester of studies at the point of application and two semesters at the point of admission to the host University. Also, students must not have prior participation in the Singapore Universities Student Exchange Programme. |
|Special Term||GEM Discoverer (Summer Studies)||2.5||N.A.||N.A.|
|GEM Discoverer (Prelude)||2.5||Priority for final year students||N.A.|
|GEM Trailblazer||For inbound exchange students, click here for the latest list of course offering.|
|NTU-India Connect Research Internship Programme||Research programme open to student pursuing his/her undergraduate studies in an Indian University/Institute who have not studied in NTU Singapore previously. Click here for details.|
|Outgoing & Incoming Exchange Matters |
(School level administrative matters)
A/P Sridhar Idapalapati
Mr Tan Wei Zhe
Ms Thaiyanayagee d/o Venugopalan (Ms Tiana)