Ancient Chinese philosophers and thinkers widely subscribed to the importance of good leadership. A review of the major Chinese schools of thought reveals great emphasis on the importance of wisdom and virtue in a good leader, as well as the belief that a good leader is built on a foundation of moral authority.
Designed using the principles of Activity-Based Learning (ABL), The Art of Leadership programme will help participants gain a deeper understanding of Chinese culture, and what it means to be a great leader through an integrated study of the classics and the philosophies of great thinkers such as Confucius (孔子), Mencius (孟子), and Laozi (老子).
- Eligible trainees enjoy 50% NSA subsidy, and use of SkillsFuture Credits (SFC)
- Expand your network, connect with people from different backgrounds and professions who share the same interest in Chinese language and culture.
- Qualified trainers with practical teaching experience.
- Gain a broad insight on the China’s cultural evolution and history.
- Learn about various Chinese classical leadership approaches (Humanistic, Bureaucratic and Naturalistic ways) in leading different types of people, organisations and situation.
- Apply the ancient Chinese philosophies in contemporary leadership roles.
- Identify key success factors in nurturing a strong or great leader.
2 lessons, 3.5 hours each, total 7 hours of training.
Who Should Attend?
- Executives from middle to senior management or anyone looking to hone their leadership skills.
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who wish to conduct business in China or understand and apply leadership philosophies from ancient China.
- Those who are interested in Chinese classics and philosophies – Confucius (孔子), Mencius (孟子), Laozi (老子), Zhuangzi (庄子), Liezi (列子), Xunzi (荀子) and Han Feizi (韩非子).
Medium of Instruction
Dr Sheh Seow Wah（佘绍华博士）is a Management Consultant, Research Consultant, Seminar and Conference Speaker, and Industry Trainer for several institutions for the past 20-25 years in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. His areas of specialisation include Chinese
Classics, Chinese Family Business, Change Management and Research, and Leadership and Management.
- Minimum C6 in GCE 'O' Level English (or its equivalent) or;
- More than 2 years of working experience.
- Trainees will be awarded an E-Certificate of Completion from CI-NTU for fulfilling the following criteria:
- Achieved 100% attendance;
- Participate in post-course surveys.
|2022 INTAKES||OCT (Online)||DEC (Online)|
6.30pm - 10pm
|26 & 27 Oct|
Wed & Thu
|14 & 15 Dec|
Wed & Thu
|2023 INTAKES||APR (In-Person)||JUN (In-Person)|
6.30pm - 10pm
|26 & 27 Apr|
Wed & Thu
|7 & 8 Jun|
Wed & Thu
*The schedule is subject to change without prior notice. Interested applicants, please email or call to confirm the availability of intakes.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $53.50 (incl. GST) is applicable.
- The fee stated above is inclusive of 7% GST.
- GST will be revised to 8% affective 1 January 2023. All payments received / invoices issued on and after 1 January 2023 will be subjected to 8% GST.
- Course fee includes teaching materials.
^ 50% NSA Subsidy for Singapore Citizens aged 50 years and above.
- This programme can be customised to individual or corporate needs.
- Not eligible for government subsidies.
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff, student, alumni, and NTU Alumni Club Members.
- 10% off course fee for seniors (Singapore Permanent Residents/Foreigners) aged 50 years and above.
- Proof of citizenship status or relevant documents are required for verification purposes.
- Applicants are eligible for ONE discount scheme at a time.
- Discounts may not be used in conjunction with NSA subsidy.
Eligible trainees may benefit from the following Fee Subsidy, together with SkillsFuture Credits, in payment of course fees (other fees to be self-funded).
I) Fee Subsidy
|(a) NSA Subsidy|
|For more information, please visit www.nsa.org.sg, call NSA hotline at 6478 5029, or email email@example.com.|
II) Credit/Fund Usage
|(a) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)|
|For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit, or call SSG hotline at 6785 5785.|
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- Requests must be made in writing only. For company-sponsored trainees, the request must be signed off by the authorised representative of the company.
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Upon receipt of requests, all discounts and government fee support will be cancelled, CI-NTU will follow up in accordance with the below-mentioned policy. Please refer to Terms & Conditions in the enrolment form for details.
Written Request for Withdrawal Received: Guidelines of Refund/Top-up More than 30 days before course commencement. CI-NTU to refund 100% of paid fee. 15 to 30 days before course commencement. The applicant and CI-NTU to each bear 50% of the full course fee – a refund/top-up to be processed accordingly. Less than 15 days before course commencement. The applicant to pay CI-NTU 100% of the full course fee.
- The enrolment form can be downloaded below, requested via email, or obtained from CI-NTU’s reception counter.
- Enrolment deadline is 10 days before course commencement date.
- Please read through all the terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form before submission. Submit the completed enrolment form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or make an appointment to sign up in person at CI-NTU.
- For company-sponsored applicants, the enrolment form must be signed by the approving authority and endorsed with the company stamp.
- Payment notification will be issued after enrolment has been accepted. Payment methods: PayNow, bank transfer, cheque, over the counter via Visa / MasterCard / NETS (cash payment is not accepted).
- Applicants will be informed of the course status at least 5 days prior to the course commencement date.
- Applicants are to contact CI-NTU if they have not received the updates by the stipulated deadlines.
|Contact Person||Jing Yi / Eileen|
|Tel||6514 1062 / 6592 2539|
|Venue||11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Road), NTU@one-north campus, |
Executive Centre, #08-01, Singapore 138664
(Nearest MRT stations: Buona Vista & one-north)
In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese webpages, the English version shall prevail.
Click on links to download