Daily Chinese – HSK programme (DC) is customised to the needs of anyone who wish to learn Chinese language and culture. It uses the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) syllabus, which covers a wide range of daily topics, such as talking about personal information,
living, working, social interaction, customs, cultures, sports, ethics, etc.
- Eligible trainees enjoy 50% NSA subsidy, use of SkillsFuture Credits (SFC), Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) fund and Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Multi-levelled programme suitable for anyone from new to advanced learners.
- Courseware features practical themes suitable for real-life applications.
- Expand your network, connect with people from different backgrounds and professions who share the same interest in Chinese language and culture.
- Qualified trainers with practical teaching experience.
- Acquire competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing in Chinese, through many relatable everyday life themes.
- Integrate linguistics training with cultural knowledge, for a dynamic, interesting, and memorable learning experience.
- Enhance confidence in using Chinese.
Daily Chinese – HSK programme consists of 480 hours of training, divided into 16 levels, adapted from the latest HSK syllabus.
Medium of Instruction
Chinese / English (ratio subject to course level and needs of the class)
Our trainers are experienced, having undergone professional training and possess at least the Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) or Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) certification.
- New learners may skip pre-course placement test and enrol directly for Daily Chinese – HSK (Basic Level 1).
- Applicants with prior knowledge of Chinese, are required to take a pre-course placement test before enrolment.
- Due to programme design differences, HSK result holders are still required to attempt CI-NTU’s internal placement test for level placement.
- Placement test is on appointment basis, conducted remotely, and free of charge.
- The average lead time to the next available appointment is 2 - 3 weeks. After test completion, 5 - 10 working days for results. Please book your slot early to avoid missing the enrolment deadline (10 days before course commencement date).
- Email email@example.com to book an appointment for placement test.
Trainees must complete and pass the internal post-course test conducted during the last lesson in order to be awarded the E-Certificate of Attainment, and to advance to the next level.
- Trainees will be awarded an E-Certificate of Attainment from CI-NTU for fulfilling the following criteria:
- Achieved a minimum of 70% attendance;
- Pass the post-course test;
- Participate in post-course surveys.
- E-Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who fulfil 50 - 69% attendance and participated in post-course surveys.
Course Schedule *
7pm – 10pm
|12 Oct - 14 Dec||11 Jan - 22 Mar||12 Apr - 14 Jun||12 Jul - 20 Sep||11 Oct - 13 Dec|
|15 Oct - 17 Dec||7 Jan - 18 Mar||8 Apr - 24 Jun||15 Jul - 16 Sep||14 Oct - 16 Dec|
*The schedule is subject to change without prior notice. Interested applicants, please email or call to confirm the availability of intakes.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $64.20 (incl. GST) is applicable for first-time registration, $53.50 (incl. GST) for subsequent registration to each level.
- The fee stated above is inclusive of 7% GST.
- GST will be revised to 8% affective 1 January 2023. All payments received / invoices issued on and after 1 January 2023 will be subjected to 8% GST.
- Course fee includes teaching materials.
^ 50% NSA Subsidy for Singapore Citizens aged 50 years and above.
- This programme can be customised to individual or corporate needs.
- Not eligible for government subsidies.
- 10% off course fee for NTU staff, student, alumni, and NTU Alumni Club Members.
- 10% off course fee for seniors (Singapore Permanent Residents/Foreigners) aged 50 years and above.
- 10% off course fee for a group enrolment of 3-4pax full fee trainees (new and existing trainees are eligible), for a class with a minimum of 8 trainees.
- 15% off course fee for a group enrolment of ≥5pax full fee trainees (existing trainees only), for a class with a minimum of 8 trainees.
- Proof of citizenship status or relevant documents are required for verification purposes.
- Applicants are eligible for ONE discount scheme at a time.
- Discounts may not be used in conjunction with NSA subsidy.
- In event of withdrawals in group enrolment, group discounts would be adjusted accordingly.
Eligible trainees may benefit from the following Fee Subsidy, together with SkillsFuture Credits, PSEA fund and UTAP , in payment of course fees (other fees to be self-funded).
I) Fee Subsidy
|(a) NSA Subsidy|
|For more information, please visit www.nsa.org.sg, call NSA hotline at 6478 5029, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
II) Credit/Fund Usage
|(a) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)|
|For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit, or call SSG hotline at 6785 5785.|
|(b) Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) Fund|
|For more information, please visit www.moe.gov.sg/psea.|
To check the amount of available funds in your PSEA, please call MOE hotline at 6260 0777, or email email@example.com.
|(c) Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)|
|* Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy/credit/fund. This excludes GST, registration fees, miscellaneous fees, etc.|
For more information, please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- Requests must be made in writing only. For company-sponsored trainees, the request must be signed off by the authorised representative of the company.
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Upon receipt of requests, all discounts and government fee support will be cancelled, CI-NTU will follow up in accordance with the below-mentioned policy. Please refer to Terms & Conditions in the enrolment form for details.
Written Request for Withdrawal Received Guidelines of Refund/Topup More than 30 days before course commencement. CI-NTU to refund 100% of paid fee. 15 to 30 days before course commencement. The applicant and CI-NTU to each bear 50% of the full course fee – a refund/top-up to be processed accordingly. Less than 15 days before course commencement. The applicant to pay CI-NTU 100% of the full course fee.
- The enrolment form can be downloaded below, requested via email, or obtained from CI-NTU’s reception counter.
- Enrolment deadline is 10 days before course commencement date.
- Please read through all the terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form before submission. Submit the completed enrolment form to email@example.com, or make an appointment to sign up in person at CI-NTU.
- For company-sponsored applicants, the enrolment form must be signed by the approving authority and endorsed with the company stamp.
- Payment notification will be issued after enrolment has been accepted. Payment methods: PayNow, bank transfer, cheque, over the counter via Visa / MasterCard / NETS (cash payment is not accepted).
- Applicants will be informed of the course status at least 5 days prior to the course commencement date.
- Applicants are to contact CI-NTU if they have not received the updates by the stipulated deadlines.
|Contact Person||Jing Yi / Eileen|
|Tel||6514 1062 / 6592 2539|
|Venue||11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Road), NTU@one-north campus, |
Executive Centre, #08-01, Singapore 138664
(Nearest MRT stations: Buona Vista & one-north)
In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese webpages, the English version shall prevail.
Click on links to download