Confucius Institute, NTU (CI-NTU) is appointed by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to be an Approved Training Organization (ATO) for conducting Chinese Workplace Literacy (CWPL) courses, accredited under the Employability Skills (ES) WSQ Framework as one
of the important skills necessary for a resilient workforce.
Business Chinese (BC) programme is designed for anyone who is interested in communicating effectively in Chinese at business or workplace settings, and effectively understand business information written in Chinese.
- Acquire the internationally recognised Business Chinese Test (BCT) certificate, awarded by the Centre for Language Education and Cooperation (affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education).
- Eligible trainees enjoy up to 70% subsidy, use of SkillsFuture Credits (SFC), Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) fund and Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Varied training options available: Listening & Speaking, Reading & Writing, and Comprehensive.
- Multi-levelled programme suitable for anyone from new to advanced learners.
- Courseware features practical themes suitable for real-life applications.
- Expand your network, connect with people from different backgrounds and professions.
- Qualified trainers with practical teaching experience.
- Improve Chinese listening, speaking, reading and writing skills at the workplace, applicable across various industries.
- Expand knowledge of business terms, phrases, and syntax; learn to use to them via exercises such as substitution drills and role-plays.
- Enhance confidence in using Chinese in both formal and informal situations.
Applicants may choose between (I) Listening & Speaking, (II) Reading & Writing, or (III) Comprehensive courses. Each course comprises a total of 10 progressive levels consisting of Beginner, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
|(I) Listening & Speaking:|
|(II) Reading & Writing:|
Medium of Instruction
Chinese / English (ratio subject to course level and needs of class)
Our trainers are experienced, having undergone professional training and possess at least the Advanced Certificate in Learning and Performance (ACLP) or Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) certification.
- New learners may skip pre-course placement test and enrol directly for Listening & Speaking or Comprehensive (Beginner Level 1.1 + 1.2).
- Those with valid BCT certificates (≤ 2years ago) may submit their BCT transcript via email for a level recommendation.
- Applicants with prior knowledge of Chinese, are required to take a pre-course placement test before enrolment.
- Placement test is on appointment basis, conducted remotely, and free of charge.
- The average lead time to the next available appointment is 2 - 3 weeks. After test completion, 5 - 10 working days for results. Please book your slot early to avoid missing the enrolment deadline (10 days before course commencement date).
- Email email@example.com to book an appointment for placement test.
Business Chinese Test (BCT)
- SSG-funded trainees are required to take the BCT within the stipulated deadline after course completion. A non-refundable BCT Fee is applicable.
- BCT E-Certificate will be issued within 2-3 months from the test date.
- 70% SSG Subsidy is applicable to SCs, PRs, LTVP+ aged ≥ 21 years.
- 90% MCES (Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy) is applicable to SCs aged ≥ 40 years.
- 90% ETSS (Enhanced Training Support Subsidy) is applicable to Company-Sponsored candidates from SMEs.
- Trainees will be awarded an E-Certificate of Completion from CI-NTU for fulfilling the following criteria:
- Achieved a minimum of 75% attendance;
- Participate in post-course surveys.
- E-Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who fulfil 50 - 74% attendance and participated in post-course surveys.
- Weekday PM class (7pm – 10pm, once or twice a week)
- Weekend class (Saturdays, 9am - 12pm / 12.30pm - 3.30pm / 4pm - 7pm)
- For details, refer to Business Chinese Course Schedule*.
*The schedule is subject to change without prior notice. Interested applicants, please email or call to confirm the availability of intakes.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $64.20 (incl. GST) is applicable for first-time registration, $53.50 (incl. GST) for subsequent registration to each level.
- The fee stated above is inclusive of 7% GST.
- GST will be revised to 8% affective 1 January 2023. All payments received / invoices issued on and after 1 January 2023 will be subjected to 8% GST.
- Course material is complimentary.
* Terms & conditions apply. Refer to section on Fee Support below for details.
- This programme can be customised to individual or corporate needs.
- Not eligible for government subsidies.
- Enjoy a waiver of the registration fee for the second course, for enrolment in two consecutive levels at the same time (subject to availability).
- Beginner 1.1 and 1.2 is a bundled course by default – it is compulsory to commit to both levels for new learners starting from Beginner 1.1.
- Bundled courses must be scheduled in consecutive intakes, within the same timeslot, and no skipping of intakes is allowed.
- The deadlines in the withdrawal and refund policy follow the schedule of the first course in a set of bundled course.
Eligible trainees may benefit from one of the following Fee Subsidies, together with SkillsFuture Credits, PSEA fund and UTAP, in payment of course fees (other fees to be self-funded).
I) Fee Subsidy
|(a) SkillFuture Singapore (SSG)|
|(b) Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)|
|(c) Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)|
|For more information on the above subsidy schemes, please visit ssg-wsg.gov.sg, or call SSG hotline at 6785 5785.|
|(d) NSA Subsidy|
|For more information, please visit www.nsa.org.sg, call NSA hotline at 6478 5029, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.|
II) Credit/Fund Usage
|(a) SkillsFuture Credit (SFC)|
|For more information, please visit www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/credit, or call SSG hotline at 6785 5785.|
|(b) Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) Fund|
|For more information, please visit www.moe.gov.sg/psea.|
To check the amount of available funds in your PSEA, please call MOE hotline at 6260 0777, or email email@example.com.
|(c) Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)|
|* Unfunded course fee refers to the balance course fee payable after applicable government subsidy/credit/fund. This excludes GST, registration fees, miscellaneous fees, etc.|
For more information, please visit http://skillsupgrade.ntuc.org.sg, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal & Refund Policy
- Requests must be made in writing only. For company-sponsored trainees, the request must be signed off by the authorised representative of the company.
- Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- Upon receipt of requests, all discounts and government fee support will be cancelled, CI-NTU will follow up in accordance with the below-mentioned policy. Please refer to Terms & Conditions in the enrolment form for details.
Written Request for Withdrawal Received Guidelines of Refund/Top-up More than 30 days before course commencement. CI-NTU to refund 100% of paid fee. 15 to 30 days before course commencement. The applicant and CI-NTU to each bear 50% of the full course fee – a refund/top-up to be processed accordingly. Less than 15 days before course commencement. The applicant to pay CI-NTU 100% of the full course fee.
- The enrolment form can be downloaded below, requested via email, or obtained from CI-NTU’s reception counter.
- Enrolment deadline is 10 days before course commencement date.
- Please read through all the terms and conditions stated in the enrolment form before submission. Submit the completed enrolment form to email@example.com, or make an appointment to sign up in person at CI-NTU.
- For company-sponsored applicants, the enrolment form must be signed by the approving authority and endorsed with the company stamp.
- Payment notification will be issued after enrolment has been accepted. Payment methods: PayNow, bank transfer, cheque, over the counter via Visa / MasterCard / NETS (cash payment is not accepted).
- Applicants will be informed of the course status at least 5 days prior to the course commencement date. Applicants are to contact CI-NTU if they have not received the updates by the stipulated deadlines.
|Contact Person||Jing Yi / Eileen|
|Tel||6514 1062 / 6592 2539|
|Venue||11 Slim Barracks Rise (off North Buona Vista Road), NTU@one-north campus, |
Executive Centre, #08-01, Singapore 138664
(Nearest MRT stations: Buona Vista & one-north)
In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese webpages, the English version shall prevail.