Non-Exchange/Non-Graduating (Post-Graduate Programme)
Overseas postgraduate students who wish to gain insights into NTU and build cross-cultural understanding are welcome to engage in research projects with faculty at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI).
|Application Period||Visiting Period|
|Semester 1||1 March - 30 April||Start August|
|Semester 2||Start January|
Submit the application at least 3 months prior to the start of the Research Project.
In your research application, you will need to indicate the name of the Professor and the project title that you will be working on. Please refer to the Faculty Directory.
Students should already have a confirmed Supervisor/Professor and project title upon application.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (in Word format, <600kb)
- Clear, coloured passport-size photo (in JPG format, <100kb)
- Scan a copy of the Passport biodata page (coloured)
- Detailed Training Programme Outline form (Download Form)
- Latest official transcript in English (signed by the Registrar and stamped with the home university’s seal), reflecting all courses taken.
The official transcript and list of current courses should be submitted in one file (in PDF format, <2MB)
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate and Bachelor’s transcripts (in PDF format, <2MB)
Applications and enquiries should be directed to Ms. Jean ([email protected]) or Ms. Shireen ([email protected]). No application will be considered before and after the application period.
Study Abroad Portal
In the portal, you will have access to the following:
- View and accept the Offer of Admission
- View Letter of Enrolment/Admission
- Apply for on-campus housing*
- Student’s Pass (Visa) Application Procedures
- View/download the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) Form
- Update personal particulars
- Submit health & medical information
- Information on NTU Student Insurance Schemes
- Arrival and Orientation information* Please Note: Application for on-campus housing shall be via the online portal only. Please do not apply for on-campus housing through the Office of Campus Housing website.
All non-graduating/visiting students are required to pay the following fees to NTU:
|Application Fee (one-time)||SGD150|
|Research Fee (per semester)||SGD3,150|
|Miscellaneous Fee (per semester)||SGD248.40|
Note: Miscellaneous fee is chargeable per semester and subject to revision every academic year. There is no pro-rated fee; unless otherwise stated if your research period is less than 1 semester or if your research spans across two semesters. Fees paid are also non-refundable.
All international students who have been accepted and offered a place as a full-time matriculated or registered student are required to hold a valid Student’s Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
|Student's Pass Fees [payable to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority]|
|Processing fee||SGD30||payable upon application|
|Issuance Fee||SGD60||payable upon approval of Student's Pass|
|Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)||SGD30|
* Fees are subject to changes
Non-graduating students holding Student's Pass are not allowed to work during the immersion period.
Entry Visa Requirements