Non-Exchange/Non-Graduating (Post-Graduate Programme)

Overseas postgraduate students who wish to gain insights into NTU and build cross-cultural understanding are welcome to engage in research projects with faculty at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information (WKWSCI).

 Application PeriodVisiting Period
Semester 11 February - 30 AprilStart August
Semester 2Start January

Applications will only be accepted during the application period and also depend on the availability of vacancies.
In your research application, you will need to indicate the name of the Professor and the project title that you will be working on. Please refer to the Faculty Directory
Students should already have a confirmed Supervisor/Professor and project title upon application.

Mandatory Documents to be submitted:

  1. Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (in Word format, <600kb)
  2. Clear, coloured passport-size photo (in JPG format, <100kb)
  3. Scan a copy of the Passport biodata page (coloured)
  4. Detailed Training Programme Outline form (Download Form)
  5. Latest official transcript in English (signed by the Registrar and stamped with the home university’s seal), reflecting all courses taken. 
    The official transcript and list of current courses should be submitted in one file (in PDF format, <2MB)
  6. Bachelor’s Degree certificate and Bachelor’s transcripts (in PDF format, <2MB)

Applications and enquiries should be directed to Ms. Jean ([email protected]) or Ms. Shireen ([email protected]). No application will be considered before and after the application period.

Study Abroad Portal

If you are successful in your application, you will receive the E-Welcome email together with the login details to the Study Abroad Portal, sent to the email address provided in your online application. 

In the portal, you will have access to the following:

  • View and accept the Offer of Admission
  • View Letter of Enrolment/Admission
  • Apply for on-campus housing* 
  • Student’s Pass (Visa) Application Procedures 
  • View/download the Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) Form 
  • Update personal particulars 
  • Submit health & medical information 
  • Information on NTU Student Insurance Schemes 
  • Arrival and Orientation information 

    * Please Note: NTU will not be able to provide any on-campus accommodation for Non-Graduating Research students. You may refer to Off-Campus Housing for housing options.

All non-graduating/visiting students are required to pay the following fees to NTU:

Application Fee (one-time)SGD151
Research Fee (per semester)SGD3,179
Miscellaneous Fee (per semester)SGD250.72

Miscellaneous fee is chargeable per semester and subject to revision every academic year. There is no pro-rated fee; unless otherwise stated if your research period is less than 1 semester or if your research spans across two semesters. Fees paid are also non-refundable. 
The total cost to NTU per year (2 semesters per year) is about SGD7,161.50 (subject to changes).


Student's Pass

All international students who have been accepted and offered a place as a full-time matriculated or registered student are required to hold a valid Student’s Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

Student's Pass Fees [payable to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority]
Processing feeSGD30payable upon application
Issuance FeeSGD60payable upon approval of Student's Pass
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable)SGD30 

* Fees are subject to changes

Students are advised to arrange their flights only after their Student’s Pass applications have been approved. 

Non-graduating students holding Student's Pass are not allowed to work during the immersion period.

Entry Visa Requirements

Students who require an entry visa to enter Singapore need not apply for one. Upon approval of the Student’s Pass application, an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter will be issued to the students. A single journey visa shall be incorporated in the IPA letter for entry into Singapore. 

Students should only travel to Singapore after receiving their Student’s Pass In-Principle Approval letter.

For more immigration matters, you may refer to this link.