NTU’s new Turing AI Scholars Programme (TAISP) aims to nurture exceptionally talented students who want to advance AI research and develop cutting-edge solutions to change the world for the better. TAISP is open to students in Computer Science, Data Science and AI, and AI and Society.
The programme is suitable for students who possess outstanding academic records and have a strong passion for the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). It targets those who intend to eventually pursue postgraduate research study in the AI domain and build a career in the AI industry and research centres.
Graduates from this Turing AI Scholars programme will acquire cutting-edge knowledge in the field of AI and be groomed as AI experts with international outlook and exposure. This will equip them to come up with innovative ideas and solutions to propel Singapore to become a world leader in AI adoption AI for its economy and national defence strategy.
- Attend Masterclasses taught by world-leading AI researchers or practitioners from renowned universities or companies
- NTU mentors: Each Student will be assigned one NTU leading AI Professor as a mentor
- Overseas mentors: Top AI researchers
- Industry mentors: Industry leaders
- Under the supervision of a distinguished professor in AI, Turing AI Scholars will get to conduct research in their second year
- Overseas Exposure (Study + Work)
- 1 Year Overseas Exposure (During Year 3) consisting of a 1-semester study in top universities + 1-semester internship with AI industry giants
- Overseas attachment will be financially supported, including tuition fees and living expenses
- Full coverage of subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant)
- Living allowance of S$6,500 per academic year for all years except in Year 3
- Accommodation allowance of up to S$2,000 per academic year (applicable to scholarship holders who reside in NTU hostels only)
- Computer allowance of S$1,750 (one-off)
- For the overseas exposure (study + work) during Year 3, the TAISP Scholarship will cover school fees at overseas universities, return airfare, and overseas allowance for accommodation and meals
Students will graduate with their major's degrees and a 'Turing Al' certificate.
Applicant must possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or equivalent qualifications.
The applicant must indicate interest in the TAISP programme in the application form and be enrolled in any of the following programmes for a successful application.
- Computer Science programme (CSc)
- Data Science & AI programme (DSAI)
- AI & Society programme (AISC)
Students will take on a customised curriculum with additional courses to supplement their chosen major, and will be poised for postgraduate studies and to pursue research-based careers.