Certificate in AI Ethics and Governance
In Collaboration with Singapore Computer Society
The Certificate in AI Ethics and Governance, a joint certification between Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and the Singapore Computer Society (SCS), aims to recognise and certify professionals in AI Ethics and Governance.
The certification comprises 5 courses and examines the candidate's competence in FIVE areas of AI Ethics & Governance:
- CET797 Body of Knowledge (BoK) for AI Ethics and Governance
- CET798 AI Ethics Governance Framework for Organisations
- CET799 Business Liability and Ethics in AI Usage
- CET800 AI Ethics 3: Ethics in Data Processing
- CET801 Governance for AI Explainability
Each course will be awarded one academic unit and comprised 13 hours of study load. Assessments will be conducted during the session and participants will be graded based on their performance in the assessment. Participants who complete all 5 courses and pass a final examination will be awarded the “Certificate in AI Ethics and Governance”.
This certification is also incorporated into the prestigious NTU’s FlexiMasters in Artificial Intelligence and AI Ethics, which is designed to help professionals who wish to also acquire fundamental knowledge and understanding in AI and its various applications that complement the study of Ethical AI practices. Participants who wish to stack the courses towards FlexiMasters will need to obtain at least a C+ grade for each course.
Professionals/managers/executives (PMEs) involved in AI implementation who would like to:
- Gain AI Ethics & Governance related skillsets
- Learn various frameworks and skills to develop and deploy AI in a responsible manner
Become a SCS Member
SCS professional membership is compulsory requirement before taking the certification examination for AI Ethics and Governance.
Apply for Membership at https://www.scs.org.sg/membership and get certified now!
The course and examination schedule for the Certificate in AI Ethics and Governance had been set as follows:
11th Intake (Applications open Now!)
|Course Title||Run Dates||Exam|
|CET797 Body of Knowledge (BoK) for AI Ethics and Governance||15 – 22 July 2023||23 Sep 2023|
|CET798 AI Ethics Governance Framework for Organisations|
29 Jul – 5 Aug 2023
|CET799 Business Liability and Ethics in AI Usage||26 Aug – 2 Sep 2023|
|CET800 AI Ethics 3: Ethics in Data Processing||12 – 19 Aug 2023|
|CET801 Governance for AI Explainability||9 – 16 Sep 2023|
Closing date for application: 1 July 2023
- There are 5 courses in this certificate.
- Classes will run every Saturday for 10 consecutive Saturdays, with a final exam conducted online on the Saturday of the 11th week
- Each course will start on Saturday and ends on the following Saturday
- Saturday, 9:30 am-1130am: Live online – Module Introduction, presentation, assignment requirement.
- From Sunday to Friday – learners study online materials at their own time and own pace and work on assignments
- Wednesday, 7.30pm - 9pm - Live E-consultation hours on assignment and content clarification.
-Saturday 9:30 am-1130am: Live online – Summative discussion.
- Each course will have an assessment (in the form of a short quiz or assignment) that each learner must pass (in order to claim SSG funding)
- To be awarded the Certificate, learner’s must pass all courses’ assessments and a final exam.
|Course Intake||Examination Schedule|
|30 Sep – 2 Dec 2023||9 Dec 2023|
Total Course Fee: S$9,720 (inclusive of 8% GST)
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes (inclusive of 8% GST)|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.