Ethics in data science and machine learning is an important topic. For example, disinformation may spread on social media as a result of recommendation systems. As another example, unjust bias is an increasingly discussed issue in machine learning and has even spawned its own field as the primary focus of Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency (FAccT). In this course, we will discuss how proper data management and processing can help in addressing ethical concerns in AI systems.
- Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and AI Ethics
- FlexiMasters in Artificial Intelligence and AI Ethics
By the end of the course, learners are able to:
1. Know the basic data science and data analytics algorithms and;
2. Be able to describe the ethics issues faced in the usage of data science and machine learning.
This course focuses on:
- data management systems
- exploratory and statistical data analysis
- data and information visualization
- the presentation and communication of analysis results. It will be centered around case studies drawing extensively from applications and also cover fairness algorithms.
For learner who wish to acquire more knowledge in applying ethical AI practices in organizations and, to understand and help societies to solve problems brought about by the impact of AI.
Standard Course Fee: S$1,926
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST.
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
|COURSE TITLE||ACADEMIC UNIT|
|CET787 Foundations of Computation Thinking and Programming||1|
|CET788 AI 1:AI Foundation||1|
|CET789 AI 2: Reinforcement Learning||1|
|CET790 AI 3: Computational Game Theory||1|
|CET791 ML1: Supervised learning: Bayesian decision theory and classifiers||1|
|CET792 ML2: Supervised learning: Non-probabilistic classifiers||1|
|CET793 ML3: Unsupervised learning||1|
|CET794 AI Ethics 1: Foundations of AI Ethics||1|
|CET795 AI Ethics 2: AI Ethic Standardization||1|
|CET796 Introduction to Computer Vision||1|
|CET797 Body of Knowledge (BoK) for AI Ethics and Governance||1|
|CET798 AI Ethics Governance Framework for Organisations||1|
|CET799 Business Liability and Ethics in AI Usage||1|
|CET801 Governance for AI Explainability||1|
Listed courses are:
- Credit-bearing and stackable to Graduate Certificate in Artificial Intelligence and AI Ethics and FlexiMasters in Artificial Intelligence.
- SSG funded and SkillsFuture Credit approved.