This course introduces concepts of project cost management and budget control and aims to develop a comprehensive understanding of how principles, methods, and tools of the management of project costing, budget management and cost control are applied in the management of projects. This course places project cost and budget controls, as the core of the project management process and ensures that students understand and apply appropriate techniques to estimate project cost and control the budget and resources of the overall project.
Prerequisites: MA6081 and MA6082
*This is a single credit-bearing course from NTU Postgraduate Degree Programmes.
The course aims to enable students to understand the application of the concepts such as planning the cost management process, different costing techniques, time-based budget preparation and project cost control. One of the key objectives is for students to deliberate the ways students can use and apply this course knowledge to enhance students' organizational experiences. This is achieved by the application based assignments and exercises, that can be used to enrich students' learning experience of Project Budget and Cost Management.
- Understand how to plan the process of project cost management
- To gain an understanding of the various types of project costs.
- Learn the application of common forms of cost estimation techniques such as top down and bottom up costing.
- How to create time phased budget
- Understand top down and bottom up budgeting procedure and cost management.
- Learn how to apply the technique of cost control and EVM.
- To understand risk, risk analysis, risk contingency and how to mitigate risk.
- Learn “project life cycle costing” techniques and concepts of investment appraisal
- Application of the above concepts of Project costing and Budget management to actual projects in the student’s own organization.
Standard Course Fee: S$3,852.00
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
|Cat-A SSG Funded Courses||S$1,155.60|
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)||S$435.60|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||S$435.60|