This course serves as an introduction to computer terminology, computer equipment, and provides fundamental concepts for using PC-based software.
Topics covered include computer hardware and its operation, operating systems and application software, networks and computer communications, the Internet and the World Wide Web, and programming.
The impact of computers on our lives is also explored.
*Certificate of Completion will be issued basing on given criteria. Please take all the required online tests and score at least 75% each.
Date(s): 01 Apr 2022 to 31 Mar 2023
Registration Closing Date: 15 Mar 2023
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Use and define the vocabulary associated with computer technology.
- Identify the components of computer systems and state their function.
- Differentiate between the various operating systems and application programs that are available for personal computers.
- Understand the relationship between computer hardware and software.
- Identify computer tools that may be applied to assist with various common applications.
- Provide an introduction to computer communications and the Internet.
- Build a foundation for future course work in Information Technology, Business, and/or Computer Science.
- Computers: Tools for an Information Age
- Operating Systems – Software in the Background
- Computer Software: Application Software
- The Central Processing Unit: What Goes on Inside the Computer
- Input and Output: The User Connection
- Storage and Multimedia: The Facts and More
- Networking: Computer Connections
- The Internet: A Resource for All of Us
- Programming and Languages: Telling the Computers What to Do
NSFs and Working Professionals
Standard Course Fee: S$275.00
All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST