Understand the causes of failures of power transmission components (shaft, gears and bearings) to better avoid them. Implement appropriate corrective actions using a structured failure analysis approach.
Cetim, the leading French Technical Centre for Mechanical Industry, was established in 1965 to support innovation and competitiveness of engineering companies through its multidisciplinary expertise and unique R&D capabilities.
In Asia Pacific, CETIM-Matcor, a forward-looking company, is specialized in the field of Material & Corrosion Assessment, Failure Analysis & Forensic Investigation and Mechanical Power Transmission.
Jointly with NTU, CETIM-Matcor will conduct advanced engineering courses for engineers who will like to understand and learn in depth knowledge from our experience trainers with vast industrial and field experience. Courses are largely focused on Corrosion Engineering and Failures Analysis in areas such as Pressurized Equipment, Shafts, Gears & Bearings as well as Forensic Engineering Investigation.
Upon completion of the training, the attendants will be able to carry out the following:
• Identify the different aspects of the incriminated parts and the causes of the failures
• Interpret the damage in areas affected by equipment failure
• Implement the damage analysis and the appropriate corrective actions
• To exchange with experts in the field
• Practice of failure analysis:
- Failure analysis methodology,
- Precautions before analysis,
- Laboratory analysis techniques.
• Morphological analysis of fractures:
- Fractures and their characteristics;
- The morphological analysis of fractures.
• Shafts failure analysis:
- The main solicitations,
- Typical shaft's rupture,
- Failure due to surface deterioration.
• Failure Analysis on Power Transmission:
- Generalities on transmissions,
- Analysis of lubricants in use.
• Practice of gear damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Main aspects of the gear teeth in service.
• Practice of bearing damage analysis:
- General considerations;
- Typical deteriorations.
• Real case studies of damage
• Questions / answers
This course is qualified for 12 Professional Development Units (PDU) by the Professional Engineers Board.
Standard Course Fee: S$S$2889.00
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
|Cat-A SSG Funded Courses||S$866.70|
|Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)||S$326.70|
|Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)||S$326.70|
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.
Mr Robert Shandro
Mr Robert SHANDRO
Principal Consultant with CETIM - MATCOR in the field of mechanical, power transmissions and materials engineering. A Specialist in failure investigation, forensic engineering and condition assessment with more than 30 years of consulting experience in Energy, Aerospace, Transportation, Shipbuilding and Public Works. Involved in close to 2,500 failure analysis and consulting services for litigation.
Member of French delegation for ISO TC60 (Technical Committee), Expert in load capacity calculation of gears, terminologies, notation, strength and quality of materials for gears.
Areas of Expertise
• Failure analysis of a wide range of mechanical equipment/components and structural facilities
• Design, verification and failure analysis on mechanical power transmission components
• Condition and remnant life assessment of mechanical power transmission