Knowing how to analyze data, extract insights from data, interpreting charts and analytics, and presenting the analysis to a varied audience is a competency that is a “must have” for any individual, firm or organization.
Businesses and organizations are already operating in a connected, digital and knowledge environment, where business intelligence and insights underlie a firm’s or organization’s business advantages.
Participants will learn how to analyze and extract insights from data and interpret and present the analysis. This is a practical and hands-on short course. Participants should be prepared to conduct real-time research and present data analysis
Date(s): 09 to 10 Nov 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Venue: NTU@one-north campus, Executive Centre (Buona Vista)
Registration Closing Date: 26 Oct 2021
Participants in this short course will have a better understanding and learn:
About data analysis and analytics in the workplace and get updates on the tools and techniques
• How to analyze data using various analytical techniques
• When and what analytical tools or techniques to use
• How to interpret and present the analysis
• Specific data analysis techniques, in particular:
- Scatter plots and trend lines
- Probability Analysis and charting
- Multiple Linear Regression (basic application of statistics)
• How to leverage on Excel’s functions
• How to start a data analytic project or initiative.
Overview of data analysis and analytics; updates and real-world applications
• Data analysis techniques (charting, forecasting, etc.); how to analyze and interpret data; when to use different techniques.
• Data analysis with Excel (basic techniques)
• Hands-on practice with data (provided by trainer) and research data (by participant) using (1) Charts, (2) Scatter and Trend Lines, and (3) Probability analysis.
Data Presentation (data storytelling) techniques and methods
• Hands-on practice with data (provided by trainer) and research data (by participant) using (1) Forecasting, and (2) Multiple Linear Regression
• How to start a data analytic project or initiative – Call to Action
• Presentation by participants to the class
This course will be useful for anyone who needs to crunch data and information for valuable insights would want to take this course to increase and deepen their knowledge of data and information.
Standard Course Fee: S$1498.00
|Course fee payable after SSG funding, if eligible under various schemes|
Cat-A SSG Funded Courses
Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS)
Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES)
- All fees stated are inclusive of 7% GST
- NTU/NIE alumni may utilise their $1,600 Alumni Course Credits. Click here for more information.